General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

01 A4 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Default 01 A4 Problems

I just bought this car from some guy, but the thing is when i test drove the car everything was fine but now after going over some bumps the LCD Matrix blinks or tries to go out when hitting some hard bumps or even when i start the car but a little tap on the dash and it stops doing it until i hit some more potholes. Could it be the LCD matrix is going bad or could it be something lose?

Oh and one more thing my stereo is in Safe mode would anyone happen to have the unlock code the type of stereo in it is a Ti Kan: Audi Symphony Radio. Thanks

Old 10-14-2009, 11:23 PM
pmm
1st Gear

regarding radio safe mode. This information should be somewhere with the documentation from the original owner. If you don't have it. You have to take it to the dealer to get it reset. Basically they will charge you $100 for doing the following: (1) remove radio, (2) read the code that starts with A4Z....., (3) putting it into their computer to extract the key, and (4) pressing few buttons on the radio to reset it. I am amazed that AUDI is not being taken to legal court over this. Personally, I feel that AUDI is kidnapping my radio and extorting me for money to have it unlocked. Clearly this is not a theft system.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Certified

Originally Posted by pmm
regarding radio safe mode. This information should be somewhere with the documentation from the original owner. If you don't have it. You have to take it to the dealer to get it reset. Basically they will charge you $100 for doing the following: (1) remove radio, (2) read the code that starts with A4Z....., (3) putting it into their computer to extract the key, and (4) pressing few buttons on the radio to reset it. I am amazed that AUDI is not being taken to legal court over this. Personally, I feel that AUDI is kidnapping my radio and extorting me for money to have it unlocked. Clearly this is not a theft system.
Yea, Except Audi provides the Radio code in your Owner's Manual when the car is delivered new.

If the radio is replaced by a dealer for whatever reason, The owner's manual is updated.

If the manual is lost during the years or transfer of ownership.... its not Audi's fault...

Old 11-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Certified

Originally Posted by Audi Tek
Yea, Except Audi provides the Radio code in your Owner's Manual when the car is delivered new.

If the radio is replaced by a dealer for whatever reason, The owner's manual is updated.

If the manual is lost during the years or transfer of ownership.... its not Audi's fault...
And the owner's manual provides step by step instruction on how to unlock it when you have the code

Old 01-04-2010, 04:58 AM

I have a 2001 Audi A4 1.9 TDi (turbo diesel) Quattro wagon, which is almost perfect, except for an impossibly foggy, drippy, even iced windshield, that cannot be cleared.
I've tried everything, AC on, high heat with full defrost fan, nothing works. (In fact the entire car is like a rainforest whenever the temp drops below +3 deg C, and is often worst around 0 deg C). Service has changed the filter, checked for leaves in the system, and other obvious fixes – and no fix. They're clueless, no ideas.
I heard something about a broken (puctured) heater core, which would leak anti-freeze and blow a mist of it onto the windshield. But we have plenty of heat, no problem. Any ideas??? Please help, this is dangerous. Thx.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:10 AM

yes that is exactly what is wrong, if there is a film/residue that is on the windows after you turn the heat on then the heater core is punchered somewhere. if you don't know how to replace it yourself then i'd take it to a reputable shop, don't take it to the dealer because they will totally over charge you.