General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

87 5ktcs Intermittent extremely low rough idle

Old 04-24-2008, 04:47 PM
1st Gear
Default 87 5ktcs Intermittent extremely low rough idle

Periodically whenever I start my car or stop at a red light or something, the idle surges between 600 and 800 and sounds like its missing something terrible. My fuel dizzy (frequency valve maybe?) buzzes really loudly at weird intervals as well. I replaced the fuel filter once and it ran good for about a month and started doin it again. I just changed the filter a little more than a week ago, and it ran good for about a week before it started surging worse than before. When i'm out driving it accelarates great, boosts fine, etc its just whenever i slow down at a stop light or something that i get this BLEh BLEh BLEh for an idle....

some things I've noticed that may help: When i stuck my head under the car yesterday, i could hear what i think is my fuel pump buzzing away. Wasn't whining, but a loud buzz. Two of my spark plug wires leak a bit of electricity(don't ask how i found out) and the majority of this problem started when i was on my way home from working with a friend and stopped at a sketchy lookin gas station, asked for premium, and the guy gave me regular....

please help me out if you can

Car is a 875ktcs with auto trans. No codes at all