General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

A4 b6 1.8t cranks, does not start.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 05:36 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 b6 1.8t cranks, does not start.

Hey first of in a little new hear so don't flame me to hard
Model
2003 A4 b6 1.8t Quattro automatic

My 1.8t was working fine a few weeks back and after a night driving home from work ad leaving it parked for the night, next morning I came out to the car and got nothing cranking but no start. I had replaced fuel lines, pump is okay at 60psi. And a new filter the car now starts ever now and then but not always and had a hard idle and misfires once warmed up. I cut back some covering where the wires are connected to on my cylinder 2 coil. Sure enough noticed to see a wire is split, not broken fully,

My car is throwing codes for a miss fire in cyl 2 and my coolant temp sensor, I'm in the process of trying to decided if I should replace the coil pack wiring harness. An to the new green revised coolant sensor. Any idea on this theory car get gas it's clear but lack of spark,

I love my audi b6 and want to keep this on the road but I've recently sunk 2100$ total so far trying to get this fixed no one in the province seems to have a clue about it so I figured I'd ask the experts, if anyone has had this problem let me know I can give as much info as I can just ask

Thanks for your time kyle

Ps, misfire -engine light comes on while driving (blinking cel) and coolant was after Later parked at home