General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

A4 B6 Passenger Window Switch No Power

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 07:27 PM
1st Gear
Default A4 B6 Passenger Window Switch No Power

My A4 B6 passenger window is not playing the game. I can open the passenger window from the drivers door, but the switch on the door will not open the window. The switch is not lit up when the lights are on. All other windows operate from their switch, and the drivers door, so I am satisfied that the master window lock switch is working. It seems like I am just not getting power to the individual switch on the passenger door. I have already replaced the passenger window switch with a new one. I have read about the wiring harness being a major pain where it go back into the cabin, but find it odd that it would be that if I am getting power to the window from the drivers master control. Has anybody had this issue before? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have it going in for a roadworthy next week, and would like to get it sorted as soon as possible. Thanks all.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

Further to my post, I have checked the wiring at the door and it all seems ok, not brittle at all. I went back to the supplier of the new switch and he is telling me that it is not for my model car. Great! As my Audi appears to be an odd model the A4 B6 2.0, it does not show up in a lot of compatible lists. Would anyone know what model number switch should be in there for a right hand drive, front left passenger window switch? Thanks