General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi a6 c6 3.0d break light and biping

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 01:09 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi a6 c6 3.0d break light and biping

Forums

brake warning light and beep

dmayer75 , 10-11-2007 09:50 PM
    the brake warning light on my dash(with annoying beeping) keeps appearing whenever i turn my steering wheel to the right. it also happens much more frequently when the temp outside is below 50 degrees. sometimes the light and beeping is almost constant if i'm on a road with a lot of gradual right curves and it's cold outside. i checked the brake fluid and added some to bring it up to the max level. nothing changed. is this a problem with my parking brake? the brake doesn't seem to be engaged because the car rolls down a hill in neutral no problem. anyone else have this problem? any help in finding a sloution would be great. car is an 02 3.0 avant.

auditech79 , 10-11-2007 10:03 PM
    RE: brake warning light and beep
    Is it just the red brake light that illuminates, or does theyellow ABS light come on at the same time?
    There is a majordifference between the two so find out.

dmayer75 , 10-12-2007 09:47 PM
    only the red warning light comes on.

A6Bman , 10-14-2007 06:24 PM
    I just had my '02 A6 in for a timing belt change at 90400 miles. I also had the brake warning light coming on whenever I turned left on a certain banking...the dealer checked the brakefluid and adjusted my brakes (the rear ones are about worn out, in about 8000 miles I'll need new rear pads and rotors) but the light isn't coming on anymore.

auditech79 , 10-14-2007 06:30 PM
    Just the red brake light flashing is indicating that your brake fluid level is low, if topping off the level doesn't fix your problem you need a new resivior that is attached to the master cylinder.

a4rif , 09-03-2008 06:24 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmayer75
    the brake warning light on my dash(with annoying beeping) keeps appearing whenever i turn my steering wheel to the right. it also happens much more frequently when the temp outside is below 50 degrees. sometimes the light and beeping is almost constant if i'm on a road with a lot of gradual right curves and it's cold outside. i checked the brake fluid and added some to bring it up to the max level. nothing changed. is this a problem with my parking brake? the brakedoesn't seem to be engaged because the car rolls down a hill in neutral no problem. anyone else have this problem? any help in finding a sloution would be great. car is an 02 3.0 avant.
    Hi Mate

did you get this sorted as this is exactly whats happening to mine on my A4 auto 03

thanks

Rhino85 , 09-03-2008 04:38 PM
    I just had my brake lines flushed and this light started coming on. It's usually the float inside the resivor getting stuck. One I test drove, but didn't buy, had the same problem and the guys said he was going to go fix it. Mine doesn't do it anymore. But that's what the deal was with mine, there may be other things that trigger it.

a4rif , 09-04-2008 04:18 AM
    can you believe took it to garage , they topped up the brake fluid and that sorted it, pheeeewwwww
    in the Audi quick reference book, it says Fault in Brake system which sounded a bit more serious

thanks anyway

pclausen , 11-08-2008 11:22 AM
    Dmayer75 - did you find a resolution to this problem? I also have a 2002 3.0 Avant and the exact same thing is happening to me. I removed the wiring from the switch at the base of the brake lever, however the light still comes on and beeps when I turn the steering wheel to the right. It's very annoying!

vandykenf3 , 01-16-2009 11:30 AM
    I am currently experiencing the same problem... pclausen, were you able to get this resolved? Does anyone have any advice other than checking the brake fluid?

I have a 2004 A6 3.0L.

Thanks!

NH_USA , 01-16-2009 11:57 AM
    Just checking the brake fluid will not fix the light problem.

If the fluid is low add some. If the light returns in a few days/weeks find the leak!

It's not rocket science... when the pads wear the fluid drops because the calipers require more fluid when in the normal position.

In some cases the float in the resevor can stick but only if it get low in the first place- like when your flushing the system

Another point - low fluid -not due to a leak - can indicate that your going to need brakes soon cause the pads are all wearing out.

pclausen , 01-16-2009 04:57 PM
    vandykenf3 - Putting in more brake fluid did the trick for me. I was first confused because I assumed that the red brake light on the dash only had one meaning, that the parking brakewas on. After reading this forum and realizing that the light had multiple meanings, I filled up the brake fluid reservoir and the light & beeping problem went away.

hcaudikeed , 05-30-2009 07:50 PM
    arite i got a strange one for you guys. now my center lcd is fcuked so i cant really tell. but today i made 2 quick left turns, and the car beeped 3 times, with no abnormal lights though. i have the yellow brake light in the lcd on but thats always been on because my brakepads dont have sensors. i went back around the block the same way and it did the same thing again. any ideas?

inva , 11-23-2009 03:14 AM
    Problems with Audi A6 warning brake light
    Hello colleagues,

I found this site very interesting as I possess Audi A6 2004 which has a problem with a warning that started to show about 2 weeks ago. In the display it shows Centre BrakeLight, and then it disappears and a yellow sign saying in German Brems Licht continues to be shown on the small display of the car. As i read in the internet from the similar cases of other people, I added some brake fluid but the warning is there, it didn't disappear.
    Could you please somebody tell me what to do in order to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance for your kind support and cooperation.

cavecutter , 01-10-2010 03:35 PM
    I've got the same thing happening in my '02 A6 Avant 3.0... brake warning light (not abs light). I'm figuring cold weather is probably helping to bring it on but, as I've learned, this isn't going to go away on its own. I feel like I'm hearing some unusual creaking in the rear suspension too. Hoping it's not a big thing but already aggravated because my mechanic is talking abs module and the abs light isn't flashing.

If it's just the fluid, is there a special audibrake fluid I need to use?

audi a6 04 , 07-03-2010 11:58 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auditech79
    Is it just the red brake light that illuminates, or does theyellow ABS light come on at the same time?
    There is a majordifference between the two so find out.

i have an 2004 audi a6 front wheel drive i have the abs brake warning light and the esp light all on does any one no anything about
  • Break job done, now I have issues?
    So I changed my front and back break pads ,Now I have two problems:

1. yellow break warning light that Does not flash but make a beeping noise. My fluid levels are fine and my connections look fine. I did not change the fluid at all while changing the breaks.

2. The breaks feel really light. I can push the pedal past the gas pedal with little effort. I pump the breaks many times and this does not help, still feels very light. No leaks, and my calipers appear to be in good shape.