General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 12:00 PM
1st Gear
Default clutch problems

I have a b7 a4 2.0t that is having its clutch changed at the shop...I purchased a stage 3 clutch kit from drakes performance, and a oem "luk" dual mass flywheel. Drakes says his clutch works with a dual mass and a solid flywheel setup. my mechanic put everthing together and is saying that the clutch isn't disengaging..when the car is off shirting the gears is a1 but when he starts the car he can't get it into gear..he thinks its cuz this clutch setup does not work with a dual mass flywheel. ..any ideas!
I'm getting a little ticked because iv read that the clutch slave might need adjustment. .he is telling me that the slave is bled properly and no adjustment needed. .
does this guy know what he's doing? I'm going crazy cuz now he has taken it all apart again figuring that the clutch is the problem..
also could it be that my pressure plate has a bit to much material. ..should I have it cut and how much should I have taken off?