General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

EPC Light Q7 Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:01 PM
1st Gear
Default EPC Light Q7 Question

Hi I have a 2007 q7 sline with 65,000 kilometers and last night it lost engine power (limp mode) + high revs to change gears. Also when I put it in park it says its not in park and will not lock the doors...

I took it to the dealer they said its the brake switch and another switch for the parking brake (forgot the name)

It is covered under warranty but I am just wondering does this sound right ? or is there a bigger problem that the dealer does not want to cover.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:04 AM
1st Gear

the brake light swithch can make the car power down in such a fashion as when it recieves an input from the brakes (either from the user or a faulty switch) when you have the your foot on the gas the brakes get priority, the system anticipates an ABS situation and acts accordingly, IE loss of power, ESP correction, etc. Fundamentally, your dealer has a commitment to ensure "right first time" repairs under warranty, they are graded on it by the factory and repeat repair ( that is a repair that is carried out that was unrequired or did not fix the complaint) is something that no member of any service team wants as those stats are reveiwed by germany on a regular basis. In short, let them replace what they need to, if it doesnt fix it then they have a few more issues than you!