General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Found Oil in my Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Found Oil in my Intake

So, Im fixing my car ( "85 5K S Turbo) up, reinstaling the Idle Air Control Valve for the third time. I think to myself, hey lets check to see if theres anything wrong in the air stream that could be causing my car to run bad. A few pesky rings later and I take of the InterCooler - Throttle Body Hose and see a blackish liquid running out. Dammit, this could be very bad for me, as how my Turbo uses oil to lubricate and cool the shaft and bearings , and this could mean on top of other things my turbo is dining in hell with Leonidas. I take off the elbow and get a look at my turbo"s compersors. All good, fins are in line, spins freely, very little play within the system. All hoses off later and I still have to find if this stuff is pooling in the low area of the Turbo - Intercooler Hose and how things look inside of my intercooler with a pesky Allen Bolt thingy. Anyone know whats going on ? Should I be worried about this or was it put there to lubricate the hoses ( seems odd) or just clean the IC- TB hose and put it all back together before I mess something major up ? Any tips would help.

Also in b4 it loobricates teh air 2 flo smoother. ( Actually is pretty funny when you think about it)