General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

locked out of my a3 2.0 tdi 04

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:09 PM
1st Gear
Default locked out of my a3 2.0 tdi 04

Ok i hope ive posted in the right place as im new

i recently bought an audi a3 2.0tdi 2004 plate and had nothing but problems as the seller hid lots from me,

my main problem at the moment is im locked out of the car

the other morning the car wouldnt start asif there wasnt enough power in the battery, so i decided to use a taxi, i come home and the battery mustve completely died so the central locking wouldnt open the car, the key will also not work in the door ive been told maybe its deadlocked?
so after getting breakdown serives out to me they couldnt get in it either, i had someone use a car break-in wire through the top of the window and hook the door lever but it still will not open, so he then hooked the bonnet catch so at least i could get to the battery

a new working battery has now been fitted and but still the locking will not open and the key will still not work and im out of ideas, there is a possibility the battery shorted something as it was fitted as it sparked real bad?

im new to cars soo any help would be good, i live in walsall also so if anybody knows a good audi local mechanic that could help me out ?

many thanks

Old 07-09-2020, 06:57 PM
1st Gear
Default How did you fix it

Originally Posted by Josh Matthew Williams
Ok i hope ive posted in the right place as im new

i recently bought an audi a3 2.0tdi 2004 plate and had nothing but problems as the seller hid lots from me,

my main problem at the moment is im locked out of the car

the other morning the car wouldnt start asif there wasnt enough power in the battery, so i decided to use a taxi, i come home and the battery mustve completely died so the central locking wouldnt open the car, the key will also not work in the door ive been told maybe its deadlocked?
so after getting breakdown serives out to me they couldnt get in it either, i had someone use a car break-in wire through the top of the window and hook the door lever but it still will not open, so he then hooked the bonnet catch so at least i could get to the battery

a new working battery has now been fitted and but still the locking will not open and the key will still not work and im out of ideas, there is a possibility the battery shorted something as it was fitted as it sparked real bad?

im new to cars soo any help would be good, i live in walsall also so if anybody knows a good audi local mechanic that could help me out ?

many thanks

HHI WHAT SID YOU DO. I have the same problem

Old 07-09-2020, 06:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Did you fix it

I have the same problem.