General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

MAJOR ELECTRICAL ISSUES AUDI A4 '02

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 04:31 AM
1st Gear
Default MAJOR ELECTRICAL ISSUES AUDI A4 '02

I hope someone can please help me... I recently had my A4 2002 vandalized, though when I took it to my mechanic, he found nothing to be wrong with the car. I know it was vandalized because my engine covers & my air intake hose are missing. I noticed they were missing after my car kept randomly dying on me while I was driving it.

Then, the same day, the hazards kept going on every 10 minutes while the car was parked in front of my house, causing my battery to die. During this period of a few days the vandal also siphoned gas out of my tank. The problems stopped for a period of about 2 weeks, but now they are back.

Today, my hazards came on when I started my car... I hadn't been anywhere near them. Also, my interior dome light , when in the auto-on position, stays lit up, even after the car is alarmed. My alarm is not sounding, though the red light does start to flash to indicate activation. My alarm is also not sounding, nor the parking lights that usually flas quickly upon activating the alarm. I discovered all these things when I walked out this evening to see my interior light was on...

Random question... Could it possibly be the heat? I live in So. Cal & we've seen steady 100 degree temps over the past couple weeks.