General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Oil Leak Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Default Oil Leak Question

Hello, I am new here and hope someone can provide some insight. I have a 2004 Audi A4 and recently the car has begun to hesitate. I read up that it typically is the spark plug or Coil Heads. Needless to say, I replaced them and car begun running right again. But just the other day, my "check engine" light came on AGAIN and figured it to be the same problem as the car began to shake. When I took the spark plugs out, they were literally covered in OIL as if someone poured it right on them. I assume I have some type of leak. I inspected a bit more and notice oil all around my engine, etc.....Being that I am a novice mechanic, where should I begin in isolating the problem. Would it be some type of gasket head, etc? I went ahead a replace all spark plugs again and replace 2 more coil heads again. Any info or step by step procedure would be much appreciated to isolate the oil leak and to make the car stop shaking when on idle. Thanks!

Old 02-28-2009, 03:24 PM

Ok, so now oil has completed shot all over my engine and below you will see pictures of this:

Here is one spot I think it came out of:

Here is another spot that looks like it came out as well as it looks like fresh oil coming out of the black tubing:

So, If anybody can help out or explain this in lamen terms, it would be appreciated.

thanks,