General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Other Supercharger Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 09:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Other Supercharger Options

Ok so I've heard of the convenience and everthing of the PES Tuning G2 supercharger. I have an audi a4 2.8 so a supercharger seems to be the best way to go. What other options are there as far as superchargers go. I have a custom shop near me that will help me do the technical stuff so that's good. Is it possible ot buy the supercharger separately and get a GIAC chip and new intake/exhaust manifolds instead of the G2? It seems like it would be cheaper that way.

I was thinking of getting the engine bored out a little bit/doing some other stuff to give the car a bit more power before putting the supercharger on. I was thinking of getting a new exhuast and muffler which will add some hp, but not sure how much. Any other standard things I can do to increase hp and torque before the supercharger?

Also a related question: Is there anything special I have to replace to take the car above 300hp? Is there any part that will give out once I go past that point?

Old 07-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Default RE: Other Supercharger Options

well, usually you replace all restrictive parts, so flow throw resonator and mufler would give best power increse.
supercharger, well I hope you know what are you doing, couse well its easy to break or mess up. so when you get SC get the biggest pully you can get, that way it be safe on the engine, later on you buy smaller one to match your need.

PS I'm desighning and soon building SC kit for a buk, I just have to wait for SC to arive.

PSS get DV valve.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Other Supercharger Options

Thanks for the help, Kakarot. I actually don't really know what I'm doing as far as the supercharger thing goes. I guess i was just looking to emulate the g2 as much as possible. I emailed PES tuning selling their computer chip separately thinking that it would save alot of tuning trouble. Is there a place I can get an intake manifold like the one PES sells? If not, I can look locally.

So I know I need these parts:

(*Don't know where to find this part)

Eaton M62 Supercharger(found one ~$500 good deal?)
New Computer(hopefully the pes tuning, but maybe from GIAC?)
DV valve*
Pully*
Intake Manifold*
Larger Fuel Injectors*

To my inexperienced eye, I would say the cost of all that isn't anywhere near the $5000 it would take to buy the kit. Then again maybe Im missing lots of parts from that list. Well let me know what you think.

Aaron