General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

R8 Interior Diagrams Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Default R8 Interior Diagrams Needed

Does anyone know where to come across the diagrams for the dash board, door panels and center console for an R8?

I'm getting ready to install the carbon fiber kits engine bay (should be easy) and interior. The stuff should be here next Wed/Thursday.

The interior is going to be a bit of a challenge, but I'm not scared. I need to see about finding diagrams and/or pix so I know where the fasteners are hidden and what sort of clips, attachment points and such to look for.

I ask that I don't get flamed for this (I can get that from Audiworld forum where they're all God-complexed and unfriendly).[:'(]

I'm not worried about squeaks or rattles, as the c/f kits are OEM Audi and will fit like they're supposed to be in the car (surprise, surprise!), so please don't come at me saying you wouldn't do that and that you think I'm dumb for attempting it. It's a waste of bandwidth and I'm not into the negative stuff. Beside that, judging by the quality of the c/f that came in my RS6, this stuff should be top notch and beautiful. I can't wait to get it installed.

I'll happily document each step with both pix and verbage as I go through the installs, so anyone that wants to do the same will have the info that I'm looking for now. (I enjoy writing tech articles and have done many over the years, so this will be fun for me.)

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys may be able to supply.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: R8 Interior Diagrams Needed

omg watch out driving on that gravel man. lol

cant wait to see this write-up

Old 06-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Tell you what - get us some video clips of the R8 and I'll see what I can do for the diagrams!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:48 PM
2nd Gear

Have you checked for them in a Bentley manual? Heres a link to the repair manual, I'm sure there's some type of diagram in it:

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/product.htm?code=A427

Same thing but an online subscription: http://www.bentleypublishers.com/product.htm?code=AY42

Hope this helps!