General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Sirius satellite "antenna" error message.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Default Sirius satellite "antenna" error message.

Just a bought a 2008 A4 It needed a Sirius satelite box installed. Everything works perfect except I get an "Antenna error message" When I checked were the box goes I noticed that the box has a spot fora brown cable and only the green cable is plugged in with no sign of a brown cable. Does anyone know what is going on here. The dealer seems clueless and before they start tearing headliners I thought I would check here[:@]. I also tried a new box, that wasn't it. Both boxes were the same (green and brown imputs).
Thanks,
Nick

Old 02-28-2008, 07:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Sirius satellite "antenna" error message.

you said the siruis satelite works... and you hear fine... but you still get the error message...?

Old 03-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Default Sirius "Antenna" error message

I have a 2004 Allroad with the same problem. Anyone figure it out?

Old 03-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Default Antenae Error

I have a 2004 S4 Cab with XM and intermittantly get this error message. the XM radio still works, but the "Antenae" message is on all the displays. Annoying. Sometimes by opening and closing the trunk I can get it to go off.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 PM
1st Gear
Default adding Sirius radio to my A6 Allroad

I DID NOT GET AN ANTENNA ERROR BUT i DID NOT AS GOOD RECEPTION WHEN ON FM.
SIRIUS RADIO SAID I NEEDED A FM MODULATOR WITH ANTENNA KIT 40 VW 30 ( TWO ANTENNA ADAPTERS ) !!!!!! NO GOOD FM RECEPTION.
HOW I GOT IT WORKING
I FOUND A WEBSITE THAT SELLS A KIT TO POWER MY SPORTSTER 5 AND RUN AUDIO THROUGH THE CD SIDE OF THE RADIO ( MY RADIO IS A 6 DISK W/CASSETTE SYMPHONY WITH BOSS )
INTERNET SITE IS ENFIG.COM OF AKA ENFIG CAR STERIO. THE KIT IS A PRECISION INTERFACE ELECTRONIC KIT 3'S XM5-VWR & AA3-HAR GIVE YOURSELF ABOUT 1 1/2 HRS TO 3 HRS. TO INSTALL DEPENDING HOW FUSSY YOU ARE.
I INSTALLED MINE BEHIND THE GLOVE BOX REMOVE WITH 5 8MM SCREWS TWO UNDER AND THREE ALONG TOP OF OPEN DOOR OF GLOVE BOX I COULD NOT FIND A HOLE BIG ENOUGHT TO THE DRIVERS SIDE FOR THE FEED TO THE XM5-VWR
REMOVE RADIO, PULLS OUT EASILY USEING CASSETTE AS FINGER HOLD MAKE ALL ELECTRICAL CONNECTION AS DISCRIBED IN INSTRUCTIONS FISH CABLE TO XM5 THROUGH RIGHT REAR OF RADIO OPENING TAKES SOME PATIENCES BUT IT WORKS VERY SHORT WIRE NOW CONNECT XM5 BOX TO THE WIRE AND THAN ROUTE THE TWO WIRES POWER AND AUDIO TO SIRIUS ( MADE SURE THEY ARE IN TIGHT I DIDN'T AND ONLY HAD RIGHT SIDE SPEAKERS ) TEST BEFORE BUTTONING UP. WORKS OFF OF CD BUTTON ON RADIO
GOOD LUCK

Old 01-12-2013, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Gutsmoke
I have a 2004 S4 Cab with XM and intermittantly get this error message. the XM radio still works, but the "Antenae" message is on all the displays. Annoying. Sometimes by opening and closing the trunk I can get it to go off.
a

Having same issue on 05 cabrio i guess its poor wires through boot time to pull off lid trim and inpect for loose connection or bad cable