Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > Intake, Headers and Exhaust
 new intake, now smoke in engine bay! help! >

new intake, now smoke in engine bay! help!

Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new intake, now smoke in engine bay! help!

Old 08-15-2007, 04:14 PM
1st Gear
Default new intake, now smoke in engine bay! help!

i just had a new cold air intake installed and replaced the factory diverter valve with a hyperboost hxc. now, after im done driving and get out of the car, theres a very faint smell, and when i pop the hood and take a look, theres a small amount of smoke, like i mean the amount from blowing out a couple of candles, from the space between the intake and the engine itself. also a lottttt of heat coming up from there. any ideas what the problem could be?

Old 08-15-2007, 04:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: new intake, now smoke in engine bay! help!

oh and i know lots of people will suggest its the valve cover gasket, which is possible, but it still doesn't explain the more-than-average amount of heat coming up from the exhaust manifold

Old 08-16-2007, 08:46 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: new intake, now smoke in engine bay! help!

I had the same problem when i put in my Cold air intake. It was the MAV sensor i believe thats what its called. Anyways after i was driving it smoked a little bit just like you blew out a candle. I havent had any problems yet with it i just check on it every once in a while.