New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some opinions from audi owners!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 05:39 PM
1st Gear
Default I need some opinions from audi owners!!

Hello everyone,
Lucky for me I recently found this website/forum andI need all the help I can get. I'm planning on buying a used 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro with 11k miles. I have been told by my friends and some close people that I shouldn't get an audi. The reason for this is because they told me audi come with a lot of problems. I have been informed that sometimes the engine dies on you, the car won;t start, windows won't open, and etc. Basicallywhat i have been told is that more money will be spent into fixing the car. All i hear all negative things about the car and nothing positive. My interest in buying this car has dropped drastically. However since none of the people really owned an audi, I need professionaladvice from someone who actually owns a 2007 audi a4. Should i be looking for another car to buy? PLEASE HELP! I would really appreciate your honest answer please.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Default RE: I need some opinions from audi owners!!

Audi's are the worst cars in the world. That is why Audi sells more of them every year than the previous year. We are all stupid people who buy them because they are crap. Does that answer your question?

Old 06-21-2008, 01:04 PM
2nd Gear

Well, when I got mine (new), it came with a power steering leak that emptied the reservoir a couple days after I got it. So I called the 800 number, they send out a flatbed, towed it back and fixed it. No charge. I haven't had any problems since then (October 2007).

Old 06-21-2008, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

Although I just got my Audi, I'd heard the same things before. I think that was more in reference to Audi a long time ago. Maybe late 80's early 90's? I dunno. Anyway, I think that over the last 10 years or so, they've really worked hard to change that image. Even more so in the recent past.
I was a BMW owner for many years and talk about a car with problems. I was not pleased with the direction that the design was going. I've always liked Audi and felt that it was a car that had the right combination of class and sport.
I think that any car that is taken care of will last and if it was abused then it will fall apart. If you ask around on these forums you will find that 99% of the owners are very happy with their cars. I've only had mine since 6/3/08 and I LOVE my car. And that's not cause I just got it. I've always admired them.
I think that you should take the time to drive one and then you will appreciate what the car is about. The same people that are telling you not to buy an Audi are the same ones who'll tell you to get a Ford Focus because it's economical and reliable. Then when that car takes a crap, you'll be kicking yourself because you could have spent the money on your new Audi and been happy.
Take a test drive, take the plunge, and join the club.