New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seeking advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 07:04 PM
1st Gear
Default seeking advice

Im super new to this clan of audi fans, but I have come here with the sole purpose of gathering some much needed information. But first, here is my story. I got my 2004 navy blue convertible audi tt in 2010. Since then I have to rebuild the transmission, replace the bushings and bearings, changed the timing belts (as you would any car before they break), and most recently rebuilt the entire engine. Feeling like I can finally enjoy my car without issue I decide to take it out for a spin one beautiful sunny day, quite naturally I wanted to put the top down and just when I did the back window shatters out of no where. Now I have to replace the drop top because no one can replace just the window "or so they say." so now I come to you audi forumers, all in all ive invested over 8 grand just getting my car to where it is now. Do I say to hell with it or do I invest the necessary money into make it whole again? The car is paid off and the body and interior is in great shape. If I decide to keep it ive also thought about putting a body kit on it, getting new rims, and adding a touch screen radio. Im just not quite sure how to go about doing any of this? What questions should I ask and whom do I ask them to. Also ive been quoted over 1,000 for a soft top replacement. Surely yall may know where to find them at a discount? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Btw Im in tampa florida.