S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Seeking advice....

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Default Seeking advice....

I am looking at an S4 located about a three minute drive from my house. I first noticed it on Ebay however, and I am planning on driving by and checking this one out, this may be the one I am looking for. It has been vandalized, as you can see in the pictures. I am wondering if my best option is to just get the car completely re-painted, to avoid any problems caused by that "quick fix" stuff for key marks I've seen on TV. I am also wondering if I will have to get a new steering wheel, or if it is possible to replace the airbag. (I think a dealer might help with this) I am also worried about the gauge cluster, I have been poking around on the internet looked for stock or aftermarket bezels and gauges, and I am having diffulcty finding ones made for the S4. The head unit I am not too worried about, except that most head units I find are not made to fit inside such a large bay. Is there some "adapter" I can use to put one in? I have found some headlights that I am thinking might work. For the window that is missing, I've looked at some local auto-glass places and that could be taken care of. The last thing I am worried about is the igniton cylinder. Is that something that can be repaired at a dealership?

Here is my question. Is it worth purchasing at ~$13000? Will the repair costs be so high that it will not be worth buying this vehicle?

Thanks for your time.