Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Need help chosing a turbo upgrade

Old 03-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Default Need help chosing a turbo upgrade

Hey guys, I'm new here. I live in Toronto, ONT

I have been looking around for a turbo upgrade. Are the turbo kits available from ebay any good? some are quite inexpensive, but i have my doubts with regards to quality. The most i want to spend is 1500$. what are my options? secondly, what else would i have to upgrade or modify. ex. which chip to buy etc.
basically i need to know everything about upgrading my turbo. i have been researching, but i need more help. Has anyone purchased a kit from ebay? and was it any good? was everything needed included? or were there any missing parts?

I drive a 1998 B5 A4 FWD,

I would really appreciate any advice, thanks

Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Slut
Default RE: Need help chosing a turbo upgrade

ORIGINAL: audi1488

Hey guys, I'm new here. I live in Toronto, ONT

I have been looking around for a turbo upgrade. Are the turbo kits available from ebay any good? absolutely not
some are quite inexpensive, but i have my doubts with regards to quality. The most i want to spend is 1500$. what are my options? k04 unless you want to spend a little bit more.
secondly, what else would i have to upgrade or modify. ex. which chip to buy etc. i have a giac k04 file chip for sale, if your ecu matches mine it would work. But if you buy a kit, tuning is usually included anyway. you can probably hook up a k04 for about $1500 if you figure an exhaust, turbo, and tuning. You shouldnt need too much more to run that turbo just fine.
basically i need to know everything about upgrading my turbo. i have been researching, but i need more help. Has anyone purchased a kit from ebay? and was it any good? was everything needed included? or were there any missing parts?

I drive a 1998 B5 A4 FWD,

I would really appreciate any advice, thanks

Old 05-07-2008, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

You get the most bang for buck on eBay, but some parts might have questionable quality. With parts like the intercooler and piping, those are just fine. But parts such as turbos have been questionable over the years. Some people have great luck with them, but some people don't. Be sure to buy from someone on there that will take care of you if a part fails, that's the main thing.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Administrator

There are horror stories about the crappy manifolds on eBay too - stay away from them. Either run an elim setup or buy a full system from one of the known shops/sponsors on here.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:16 PM
1st Gear

Um I know this is crazy but I'm going to try to do an ebay Chinese K04 and a second hand chip. I have a 70$ blow off valve and I guess I do endothelial fuel pleasure regulator, and thats all - stock 100,000 mi everything else.

I need a head gasket too, that goes without saying.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

Front drivers scream - I drove a 85' 4000 for a while - it was a blast. I imagine your b5 is lighter as well. I would do the biggest badest turbo you can afford and go from there.

Speaking of vtec, do they make rear wheel steering kits for the b5? Dude that would kill in auto cross...

Interesting on the a4 the lower right grills are blocked off - wouldn't that let more air into the turbo/exhaust side of the car?
I'll take my answer off the air...

F