Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*Official Thanksgiving Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:12 PM
5th Gear
Default *Official Thanksgiving Thread*

It's not quite Thanksgiving, yet, but it's getting pretty close. And if you're anything like my family, you've probably already been to one or two Thanksgiving dinners.

Please feel free to post up what you usually do to celebrate it, and/or what you like (or even dislike) most about the holiday.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:33 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: *Official Thanksgiving Thread*

Flying back from Iraq to get some good ol' home cookin'!

Old 11-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i'm makin my thanksgiving tomorrow, so i'm in the kitchen today preparing the "do aheads". mr gobbles has already been soakin in the brine!! i'm having 2 other couples over and their each bringing something good, so i'm not doing everything. so THAT'S what i like about it.
we're starting early, around 1pm and will have plenty of good wine. and THAT'S also what i like about it. i should be sobered up nicely by bedtime and ready for monday morning.
(i'm NOT the alcoholic i appear to be.....REALLY, I'M NOT!!)
i'll let you know how my recipes turn out. i'm exited that everything i'm making is a new recipe. it could be "a good thing" or it could be disasterous....but i trust my cooking abilities!

Old 11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Khardysius

Flying back from Iraq to get some good ol' home cookin'!
Cool!! Glad you're gonna get to see you family a little over the holidays.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:07 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

i'm makin my thanksgiving tomorrow, so i'm in the kitchen today preparing the "do aheads". mr gobbles has already been soakin in the brine!! i'm having 2 other couples over and their each bringing something good, so i'm not doing everything. so THAT'S what i like about it.
we're starting early, around 1pm and will have plenty of good wine. and THAT'S also what i like about it. i should be sobered up nicely by bedtime and ready for monday morning.
(i'm NOT the alcoholic i appear to be.....REALLY, I'M NOT!!)
i'll let you know how my recipes turn out. i'm exited that everything i'm making is a new recipe. it could be "a good thing" or it could be disasterous....but i trust my cooking abilities!
Hmmm...now you got me thinking about what wine's gonna be at OUR Thanksgiving this year. lol.

My grandparents had the dinner for my dad's side of the family last Sunday, and the same grandparents are coming over to our house tomorrow night for dinner. The dinner for my mom's side of the family probably won't be until mid-December (Thanksgiving / Christmas party combo).

Old 11-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Administrator

I have always liked watching the Lions pretend to play pro football and usually botch it pretty good

Old 11-17-2007, 08:53 PM

Ummm, my family doesn't operate within any typical family accordances....

I'm going to fly into LAX this Wednesday morning, I'v got a Pontiac V6 G6 (lol) waiting for me at Enterprise rent-a-car...on thursday I'll catch up with my dad for Thanksgiving dinner...we always eat out when I'm in town....we have reservations at French 75 over in Century City. then I will party with some really good friends I haven't seen for a while and I fly back sunday night...

^thats about as good as my holiday celebrations get...lol

Old 11-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

^^that sounds nice.
i don't believe anything ever has to be a bunch of "hoopla". the important thing is that you spend the time with the people you love.
and hey...maybe the people who love you, will pop for a round of drinks!!
have fun and be safe.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:43 AM

football and gluttony. Of any sort.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:58 AM
5th Gear

thanksgiving day plans- wake up early go to friends house to smoke ridiculous amounts of ganja, eat with his family, smoke more ridiculous amounts of ganja, eat with my family, go back to friends house and smoke and drink myself retarded while watching football

cant wait

Quick Reply: *Official Thanksgiving Thread*