Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shokan.com = sho can steal your $

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by 6605stang
Yes... a Mustang... AND AUDI owner... on an Audi Forum. CRAZY
I have a foxbody dragster, and I really love the new stangs, especially the newest 5 oh's.
As far as this thread goes, **** shokan for being dirty like that and you have the right to tell people not to do business with them. Jazz was just bitter that he got stood up by an old fling from the Buick thread.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:46 AM
3rd Gear

As interesting as this thread got.......I'll bring it back on point.

Yes Shokan is a tad overpriced on many items, but then again, there are plenty of places online that charge more for something than another. I totally understand how you feel in regards to having to pay shipping both ways for a part that was broken and you could not use. Did they present any information as far as their shipping charges/practices?

Also, I have used Shokan in the past for a euro trunk for my 96 A4 when an over zealous snow plow decided to remove the snow from the back of my car. When I found that the insurance company would not replace the trunk with the one that was on it, I was a little upset and left with few options. Shokan had a pristine euro trunk on hand. Instead of paying (and waiting for shipping) I decided to make the 2 hour drive up (I understand not everyone can drive there) to the shop.

I had a great experience with them and know that if there are body parts or specialized parts I need, and I know I probably wont find them anywhere else (in decent condition no less) I would certainly keep them in mind.

The point here is they usually have everything an Audi owner would need, albeit at a price. If you would rather hunt for a deal, go ahead. But chances are they have it and one must then decide to pay the price to get it.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:37 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
As interesting as this thread got.......I'll bring it back on point.

Yes Shokan is a tad overpriced on many items, but then again, there are plenty of places online that charge more for something than another. I totally understand how you feel in regards to having to pay shipping both ways for a part that was broken and you could not use. Did they present any information as far as their shipping charges/practices?

Also, I have used Shokan in the past for a euro trunk for my 96 A4 when an over zealous snow plow decided to remove the snow from the back of my car. When I found that the insurance company would not replace the trunk with the one that was on it, I was a little upset and left with few options. Shokan had a pristine euro trunk on hand. Instead of paying (and waiting for shipping) I decided to make the 2 hour drive up (I understand not everyone can drive there) to the shop.

I had a great experience with them and know that if there are body parts or specialized parts I need, and I know I probably wont find them anywhere else (in decent condition no less) I would certainly keep them in mind.

The point here is they usually have everything an Audi owner would need, albeit at a price. If you would rather hunt for a deal, go ahead. But chances are they have it and one must then decide to pay the price to get it.
While you make a fair point in their defense... I'll reiterate my original premptive statement on that matter...

And to all those that are going to chime in saying, "oh well they've done good business for me."... SAVE IT. Just because a company does good business every now and then, DOESN'T MAKE THEM A GOOD COMPANY. This was straight, cut and dried, inethical shadiness.
In summary, this wasn't one of those "honest" mistakes, or a mishap that was out of their control. They knowingly, intentionally charged me to received and return a part that was broken... NOT TO MENTION, they admitted they KNEW the part was broken, but though I "might want it anyway". REALLY?!

Again, if a company does great and fantastic business 99% of the time and dirty, shady, admittedly underhanded business 1% of the time... are they a good company? I submit they are not.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:55 PM
3rd Gear

I'm inclined to reason that your transaction wasn't satisfactory. All I need to add is that unless you are buying a new part, you run the risk of imperfect parts from a parts recycler such as Shokan. I do think though that they should have mentioned the condition of the part or provide photos before the sale though. Again if they do not, the risk is again yours as to what you receive.

I only be sore about having to pay for the shipping both ways, but again it is sometimes better to check return policies before ordering. A quick check of their website does state the following:

"Shipping charges are the responsibility of the purchaser and are not refundable"

It is nice to highlight their mistake for others to learn from though, and many should learn from this.

Still.....Shokan will continue to do business regardless, and many others will still find their service acceptable.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 6605stang
So I call them up and they say no problem, we'll refund you your money when you return it. I said are you going to send me a return shipping label? They said they don't do that but include a slip for the shipping costs and they would add that to the refund. Great.

I even spoke to the same person that originally stated they would refund shipping and she acted like she didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
Since some people seem to be missing the point. This isn't about me being mad of having to return the part. It's about them ADMITTING they shipped a broken part and LYING about the fact that they would refund me shipping BOTH ways. Regardless of what their policy says... their MOUTHS told me they would and then they... she... went directly against her word and did it in such a manner that you knew she knew what she was doing the whole time. These people deceitful and will screw you out of money if given the opportunity.

But never the less, continue to TRY and make them look like honest people... but that's just not possible when there are examples of them doing business like this.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:53 PM
1st Gear

Newbie and had the misfortune of speaking with a man (didn't get his name) from shokan.com was ready to buy some parts for my Audi and after 10 minutes he quoted me the shipping charges which IMHO were high, which when I told them that he called me an idiot and hung up. So yes I'll join the boycott and after reading the posts I'm glad I didn't make a purchase. I found all the parts I needed (force5auto) at a lower price and less money to ship. STAY AWAY FROM shokan.com

Old 04-21-2011, 04:42 AM
4th Gear

Excellent first post... Way to use the search and not create an entirely new thread to complain about something...

Now, please, can we let this thread just die already?

Old 04-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Administrator

Brad, thank you for saying what I was about to post...