Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those debating anti theft, lo jack etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 01:26 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: For those debating anti theft, lo jack etc

I did end up cancelling my OnStar after the one time I needed it and couldn't connect, but it was something I seriously debated with myself before deciding. The fact that it notifies them if you're in a crash and they call an ambulance for you if you don't respond really makes the service worth having. It was a hard decision for me.

Question for headshok2002, since you used to work for them: I've always wondered, if you are not an active subscriber and you're in a crash, does it still notify them? If so, would they still send an ambulance? I know the equipment is still capable of contact, because you can call from an inactive vehicle to re-subscribe.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Notahondaowner

And to the NSA comment who cares if they wanted to listen in, I would gladly let the NSA listen to my ******* dinner plans over the phone in exchange for the opportunity that they will nail some a hole trying to screw our country over.
What if we're that a hole that's trying to screw the country over who's pissed off that the only reason we got phone tapped is because some guy let the NSA listen to his dinner plans? [8D]

Old 10-14-2007, 10:47 AM

manufacturers should have a responsibilityfor the protection of the car and it should be linked to insurance.

I like the ideas coming from new cars where the system is being fitted with high tech anti theft surveillance systems to prevent theft and stop the car when in motion ( that saves lives ) which is far more important than the car, there will always be the objectors because they are worried the police have the ability to track them 24/7 ( which is available right now ) you want to be in the UK where you cant fart without a camera watching

Old 10-14-2007, 10:55 AM

main thing to remember here is its not just the police watching you ( that's a comfort ) because that's their job, its the other companies I don't like who cash in on your movements and mishaps like the NEWS

Old 10-14-2007, 11:18 AM
2nd Gear

Lol, no kidding dude. I was recently in London for a few days. I've heard about their zealous use of CCTV, but I didn't realize how prevalent it really was. It was kind of a weird feeling to know that you're virtually always being watched/potetntially being watched. Nice place though otherwise.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:28 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

The best anti-theft system? Let AMZE hang around your car. He'll just run away at the first sign of trouble

Old 10-14-2007, 11:35 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

The best anti-theft system? Let AMZE hang around your car. He'll just run away at the first sign of trouble
Ouch

Old 10-14-2007, 01:18 PM
1st Gear

i'd take the woman following him. you never know if she has a gun AND she will actually call the poice for you.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:24 PM

if its a woman you have to be extremely careful because rape is their proLondon is horrible and too busy so get up the north and see the real UK

Old 10-14-2007, 01:54 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: aikibil

i'd take the woman following him. you never know if she has a gun AND she will actually call the poice for you.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Or, I'd just take me because I'm crazy