S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Audi Warranty denying me and they want $17,500 for repair! UPDATED

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi Warranty denying me and they want $17,500 for repair!

Wrong, it DOES have a CPO warranty. Absolutely 100% has one.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: pjhbennett

That would be easy if I had bought it from Audi. I bought it from shady mcSuspicious car dealer that bought it from a wholesaler who received it after a lease was up. I think that I may have ground to try and get warranty out of Audi Certified Preowned. The dealer I bought it from is already talking with my lawyers and the Motor Dealers Council of BC!
Please clarify this statement

Because to me it seems like you didnt by the car from an Audi dealer

Old 06-27-2006, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

Correct, but someone had bought it as CPO in the past and got the CPO warranty. Then I was able to contact Audi USA and have it transfered into my name for $150. I have used the warranty a few times so I am sure it is valid. Are you a tech for an Audi dealership? I can PM you my VIN if you want to look!

I bought it from "Miracle Auto Sales".

Old 06-27-2006, 10:57 PM
2nd Gear

Gee some times u just dont wont to see the car that u engine has come out from
U mite as well get the silver interior while u at it too!
Cheers

Old 07-03-2006, 12:17 PM
1st Gear

Yea I bet youre lookin for a "miracle" now! It looks like someone may have pryed against the housing in order to gain leverage, and since it didnt make any noise, they called it good and went on their way. Of course you cant prove that, but still. And even though my car was bought through an Audi dealer just recently, the car comes with a factory warranty for a set period of time. So Jo-Blo's used cars doesnt have to care if it has one or not, if the VIN matches, any Audi dealer has to take the car, because the warratny is stored at Audi in their systems for the life of the car. As long as you do not violate the warranty prior to the claim. In this case it looks as though they just dont want to get hit up for the work. So I say that you are on a roll with a lawsuit or making a claim. Keep posting and I hope she makes it back to you ok!

Old 07-03-2006, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, a miracle would be nice. Here is an update:

Legal

The Motor Dealers Council of BC is there for consumers that get screwed when they buy a car out here in BC. If you have any problems with a car deal or the car has problems after the deal CONTACT THEM! http://www.mdcbc.com. They WILL help you. Also use them if you are thinking about buying a car, they have a wealth of resources and information.

The MDC of BC is helping me. There will be a hearing in August. There is a very good chance that they write me a cheque for the amount of the repair ($9000). That amount then gets billed to the dealer that I bought it from (Miracle Auto Sales), they MUST pay the full amount back in order to keep their dealers license.

Repair

I purchased the engine from Standard Auto wreckers in Toronto. It has 66,000 KM on it (47,000 mi). It is out of a 2002. Mine is a 2001.5 and has 148,000 on it! Total price including the $300 shipping and tax came to $4044.

Engine Shipment Tracked

The repair begins tomorrow when the engine arrives. The labour estimate including the diags and work done so far on the old engine is $3000. Should be done by next Monday. I am going to keep the old engine and reuild it myself.

I am now very nervous about the dealership that is doing the work. In Vancouver there are only 3 Audi dealerships near me, and they are all known for their terrible service and for not taking repairs on warranty. This article is about them and the guy that I deal with there. http://www.vwdov.ca/forum/showthread...hreadid=100036

More photos to come tomorrow when the engine arrives.