S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Can someone please tell me whats wrong with my car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 05:09 AM
1st Gear
Default Can someone please tell me whats wrong with my car?

Hey guys, My car has been actin weird lately. A few weeks ago i had 2 get a new wastegate cylinoid (sp), but since then it just feels like it isnt pullin as hard. Sometimes when i start my car it smokes, we i get on it i can see some smoke i my rear view mirror, and i hear a ticking sound coming from my engine when i do low revs and right when i turn my car off, can someone please tell me whats up with my car? thanks

R my turbos goin out? if so, how much for k04s with fueling and install? thanks

Old 07-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Default RE: Can someone please tell me whats wrong with my car?

what colour smoke? if blue and constant coupled with the noise your getting plus the lack of power it does sound like the turbo or the compression is down in the cylinders and valve stem seals are leaking plus much more could be wrong check for fault codes

Old 07-16-2006, 05:45 AM
2nd Gear

i had the same problem. my main seal broke on my turbo and cause oil to go everywhere. it was because of a bad clamp used on the hose connecting to the DV. if smoke is white, i believe that's a sign of your turbo going bad.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

Im inclined to agree with both. A clicking sound can come from valves that are starting to wear but if its a click coming from one of your turbos it can also be that the shaft is slightly warped. So slightly that the fins are hitting the housing at one point as it turns. Most people would say the turbo turns too fast to just click, but if the shaft is bent or playing around in your turbo you cant be sure. Older model eclipses and talons with the T25 turbo have this problem because of overheating and heavy abuse on the turbo. I.E. fast accel and deceleration. Get her in for a checkup my man. Smoke and ticking is never good.

Chris

Also, AWE does a kit without tubular manifolds for 5K, Im pretty sure it has the fueling but ill have to double check. Try here www.awe-tuning.com good luck!