S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Couple B6 S4 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 05:55 PM
1st Gear
Default Couple B6 S4 questions

Hey guys, I got a B6 S4 (05) last Feb. and have been loving it ever since. Previously I had a 89 Civic hatchback that kicked ***, not kidding it was like a go cart and fun to drive, and a LeBaron so you can see why I love my car so much. Anyway, I have a few questions that I cant get any answers too.

1. Is there a way to get the 3 click auto turn signal to click more, say 7 or 8 times. My friends make fun of me because I switch lanes so fast but there is just not enough damn time with 3 clicks! Is there an option in the VAG computer or something?

2. I was driving with the back seat down a few nights ago so the trunk was exposed. I kept hearing a ppttssss sound, like a short hiss every 30 seconds or so when I would let off the gas. My theory is that as gas burns, the tank needs to fill with air and this sound was the gas cap letting air into the tank. Does this make sense?

3. Timing chain. Do I have to change this? I am at around 100k miles and want to keep my car for ever I think. If I do have to get the chain replaced soon, is it a good idea to save to do a complete engine rebuild or is that overkill t this point? She purrs like a kitten now but I figure, since someones in there already, it may be a good idea.

4. I have an automatic and there is a bit of lag when I hit the gas. Is this normal? What are solutions to this? Chip, exhaust? Which one would be better.

5. I think I will get the GIAC chip eventually from AWE outside Philly, near where I am located. Will this wear out the engine and tranny faster? I imagine it will but what do you guys think, is it worth it? Also, how will it effect gas mileage? I get 15.7 - 16.4 MPG normally, this is calculated by resetting the trip computer then dividing by how many gallons I fill up with. I feel this is low but I also feel this comes with the territory. Also I drive very conservatively, regardless of what my girl says.

And I'll end with a crappy story

Today I got Wendys. Thats the good part. When I was leaving, I drove over a damn mini-manhole cover that poped off and, THUD!!, hit my undercarriage. I just replaced the plastic guard a year ago and now its cracked again... and it costs $800.00 to fix!!! damnit.

Go Phills

Bobby B