S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Here are my buyers checklist results...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Here are my buyers checklist results...

Ok so Im an idiot and can't upload the file [&:]

2000 Audi S4 Quattro 139K miles

Anyways, I have NO all the way down the list except for:

Are the seatbelts in good order? Yes
Any electrical problems? Yes, ABS light
Good color match all over? Yes
Does the parking brake work? Yes

This car is in immaculate condition and all service records are present and on time. The timing belt was replaced at 80K and had its major 120K Mile Service done. All work was done by Prestige Audi here in Colorado. It handled great and pulled in all gears. Overall I was impressed, this car has been well taken care of. I got to drive it on thetwisty mountain roads up there and it just handled great. The brakes workedgreat, and power everything was in good condition. No leaks or smells. Like I said immaculate condition. I read over the checklist in the FAQ numerous times and think I am pretty satisfied with the results I got,so I think I am going to go for it.

Any word of advice for the "second inspection" before I hand over the money? All that is left for me to do is Carfax it.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Default RE: Here are my buyers checklist results...

whats the reason for the abs light on? does he have an excuse?

Old 03-19-2007, 01:49 AM
3rd Gear

I don't get it, what did they look at the parking brake, & seatbelts? That's kind of a joke.

Was the car checked for codes? I bet the ABS controller is going, it's not all that uncommon.

If it drives as well as you say, & is as nice as you way, what's holding you back?

Old 03-19-2007, 04:16 AM
Site Moderator

Yeah no kidding, it sounds like a good deal.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

Yeah it is the ABS Controller, not too expensive to have fixed, it doesn't affect the brakes from what I felt, and its an intermittent thing. Comes on then goes off for a month or two. The seatbelts and park brake are just two checkpoints to look over on the buyers checklist in the S4 FAQ. I printed it off and took it with me during the initial test drive. I was just giving you guys an idea of what my checklist looked like since I couldn't upload it. The only thing holding me back is I gotta work out all the details with my bank, which I am supposed to do later this afternoon. If all goes well, which I'm sure it will, I'm picking it up this weekend, possibly sooner.