S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

P0741, torque converter.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 PM
1st Gear
Default P0741, torque converter.

alright, so lately I had some idiots try to replace the wires from my PCM to my MAF because the insulation material was badly cracked and I wanted to be safe and prevent a accident like a short circuit from occurring, well.....while they were "fixing" my wires, they didn't ground all the ground wires and that resulted in my PCM getting damaged. The car still drove fine for a week, just trowed a code or two which came on and off, and then showed low oil pressure every few seconds but never overheated, I also check pressure manually and oil levels they were OK. So I drive maybe..120miles in one night and when I come home and park i turn my car off for maybe 10 minutes and when I go back to turn it on it rapidly accelerates and decelerates and then shuts it self down....now if i turn it on and immediately put it in neutral it stays on normal with out anything acting up for a minute but still shuts down. so I don't know what to do, should I just replace the PCM since it does control the valves for the TQ or what should I do, i hardly believe i need a new TQ because all those 120miles were SMOOTH no hitch, no lag, perfect shifts, it only acted that way after i turned it off.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:29 PM
1st Gear

never mind! i fixed it, my MAF was dirty and that caused that night for my car to prematurely lock up the transmission when it shut down as a emergency, now that its clean and shut down properly the code went away.