S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Please Help! Any Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:39 PM
1st Gear
Default Please Help! Any Ideas?

I've posted here before about my lack of heat in a 01 S4. Flushed the cooling system about 2 weeks ago and still no heat. People had mentioned the heater control, so I took it to a friend today with a Audi scanner and the module shows no fault codes. Just blows out cold. With a laser temp gauge the heater core is flowing 170 degree coolant in and out so I would assume that is ok. What about these flaps in the dash? Could those cause this problem? How do you get to them and can you just wire them open for now. Winter here in Michigan I have no need for A/C right now. Please, any suggestions would help! Thanks in advance.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
1st Gear

Bummer the coolant flush didn't work. I got lucky and it fixed mine. But all I know is that you have to remove the entire dash to get at the heater core and possibly the flap. There is a DIY writeup somewhere on the web that shows how to remove the dash. It says it takes a few hours just to do that, so I feel for ya. And yea I went the entire last winter here in Michigan with no heat and felt pretty dumb when I flushed the coolant and that fixed it lol.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

I actually got up under the dash and you can see two flaps right behind the radio and they both work. One you can adjust the vents for middle or up or down and see it move and the other you can see move when you adjust the temp. Also the one behind the blower motor that's behind the glove box you can see that one move also. I would assume that all the flaps are moving. This is really p%$#ing me off. I don't know where to go with this. No codes, coolant is hot, seems to be moving through the heater core, flaps controls are moving the flaps, and still no heat. I'm lost. Also unscrewed the bleeders on the coolant lines and there was no air. Coolant bubbled out right away.