B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Electrical problems???? No turn signals or high beams

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

Also...
Has no fog lights..only one headlight works...no high beam function...no sunroof control...

also Vagcom cannot communicate with controllers for central convenience,central electrical and Aux Heat COntrol locks when scanning

Old 06-27-2013, 02:08 PM
4th Gear

sounds like your electronic control module got shorted out somehow. You can find one on ebay for under 200 dollars and if u know someone with vagcom u can recode it to your car. U can actually access the module underneath the kick panel of the steering wheel. Pull off that panel and get on the floor and look up. U will see this module. http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-05-AUDI-A4-A4Q-S4-ONBOARD-POWER-SUPPLY-CONTROL-MODULE-COMPUTER-8E0907279F-/261226302723?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AAudi%7CYear%3A2003&hash=item3cd24d0d03&vxp=mtrU can actually open it up and see if there is any signs of the board getting fried. that would be my best guess besides the actual control module for the car. Which is a bit more pricey.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

I will give it a look and post back results. Thanks!

Old 06-28-2013, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

hey guys, i wouldnt say the EXACT same thing is happening with my car but there is a blinker issue that has gotten worse. basically when i turn left and put the left blinker on it works 100% of the time, but when i put my right blinker on it works about 25% of the time and the other 75% of the time it will blink left a few times before switching to the side that SHOULD be blinking. sometimes itll blink twice on the left then go back to right or other times it will just continuously blink left with the stalk in the right turn position. it is highly annoying and it makes me look like im lost/drunk/stupid and its really getting to me. anyone ever have this issue or know what to look for?? thanks!

Old 07-01-2013, 01:39 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 02A4kid
hey guys, i wouldnt say the EXACT same thing is happening with my car but there is a blinker issue that has gotten worse. basically when i turn left and put the left blinker on it works 100% of the time, but when i put my right blinker on it works about 25% of the time and the other 75% of the time it will blink left a few times before switching to the side that SHOULD be blinking. sometimes itll blink twice on the left then go back to right or other times it will just continuously blink left with the stalk in the right turn position. it is highly annoying and it makes me look like im lost/drunk/stupid and its really getting to me. anyone ever have this issue or know what to look for?? thanks!
Hey i would think it might be your turn signal stalk going out. IVe actually read a couple of people having same symptons and they either dust out the inside of the stalk or completly replace it. MIght check into that.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:12 AM
1st Gear

alvy,
Fog lights are out on my car too.

I've been reviewing some wiring diagrams and it appears that the lack of fog lights could be an indicator that the load reduction relay is not energized. I plan to check this relay next week.

Further, it appears that the relay gets energized by "grounding" through the steering column module (not sure about this...would appreciate comments from any audi tech).
Thanks.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:13 PM
4th Gear

have u scanned the car for codes. Or even scan the central convience module with vagcom. . .

Old 11-16-2013, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

UPDATE!:
Broke down and took it to a local euro garage. Was told my onboard power module is suspected. I just replaced it myself (bought the wrong one for garage ) but still the same issue..I'm taking this has to be recoded? I have Vagcom but without old one working or able to communicate with how can I reprogram this? Or should I just take it to the stealership? Thanks guys...I know im a newb ;(

Old 11-19-2013, 04:41 PM
4th Gear

hmm u might search google. I know that there is a diy from rosstech on how to recode that power module. IT has to do with inputting values for how the lights work and all that fun stuff! Good luck.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:41 PM

hi, having problems with my a4 b6 2002 turn signals, wipers and horn not working, also when parked up for the night something draining the battery. I also have no power windows.. changed my steering control module today with no joy.. still have same problem???

Quick Reply: Electrical problems???? No turn signals or high beams