Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

94 Cabo Power Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 08:01 PM
1st Gear
Default 94 Cabo Power Window Issue

Took the Cabo out for a run today and discovered the door power window switches won't work. All 4 on drivers side and 1 on pass side, nothing! I have never had an issue with the windows before. The center "all" switch works fine. This tell me that all the motors etc. are fine. Is there a fuse or relay that I can't find? Is here some sort of lock that I accidently hit? Any ideas would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:53 PM
2nd Gear

They switches themselves can get dirty inside. You can pop the buttons off (gently) and clean them out and clean the contacts inside. Be sure to be careful dissembling them as there are some small springs that can get away from you if you're not careful. Clean everything up making sure to clean the contacts inside well by scraping the inevitable black deposits that will form because of arcing when making contact during normal usage. Reassemble coating the contacts and pivot points with di-electric grease.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:09 PM
1st Gear

OK, I am now really confused. I checked both 30A fuses and they are good. I cleaned all switches thoroughly. I decided to do some more trouble shooting and this is what I discovered.

1. The center "all" switch controls all windows just fine. Up and down perfectly.

2. If I use the "all" switch and the windows are going up or down I can stop any window with it's door switch ( both driver's side and pass side) by using the opposite direction.

From this I can gather power from switches is getting to motors because they are stopping the windows when the "all" switch is commanding them up or down. The door switches will just not raise or lower the windows?

Any ideas?