Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first L/R window then R/R window

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 03:54 PM
1st Gear
Default first L/R window then R/R window

ok so a month or so ago my left rear window rolls down and wont roll back up. its making all these noises
and grinding and the little motor is trying to make things work but the window is not moving. so i pull the door panel off and the cables in there came off track and wound around each other. it was ruined. cost me 200 bucks from the stealership to get the new window regulator/actuator. and it took me like 3-4 hours to put that thing in. cutting and grinding off rivet studs and buying a rivet gun. not to mention the one rivet you cant get to.
so after hours of fun i get it back together and its working. im happy and getting ready to sell the car. i go on xmas vacation back to mainland ( from hawaii ) and when i get back i take the audi home. im just about home and i for some reason decided to roll the stupid windows down. when i get to the right rear window it goes crack. i knew already right then what had happened. so i pushed the window up and hoped it would stay overnight. immediately i went on ecstuning and ordered the part. 2nd day air it cost 155.00. saved 50 compared to the stealership. it arrived yesterday and i was able to put the part in and have it working in half the time.
so to make a long story short both my back windows broke within a month of each other. has anyone else experiensed this. i was wondering if maybe audi had a recall on the back windows or something. i have pics of the second window and what happened to it. the little pulley broke in 3 pieces. ok later.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Default RE: first L/R window then R/R window

Sounds like the window clips are at fault again. This is looking more like a common occurrence among Audi drivers. I know that VW has a recall on the New Beetle and Jetta for this very same issue... the plastic window clips are breaking & causing damage. The VW stealerships are replacing the plastic clips with metal ones... but only for those cars affected by the recall. So far, there is no recall for the A4, but you should report this incident to Audi USA. If Audi does happen to issue a recall, keep all your receipts. They will reimburse you.

The key is for anybody whom this has happenned to, report it to Audi USA and maybe they'll listen & issue a recall for the window clips.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:03 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: first L/R window then R/R window

yeah good idea. ill do that.
i just wanted to get this out there incase it happens to anyone else.
its a fun process of fixing the window