92 100 trunk and radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Default 92 100 trunk and radio problem

I have a 92 100 that I recently purchase, I am having some problems opening the trunk, the button by the glove compartment is broken, I opened with my key before but I cant seem to get it open, I read the manual but it seems a bit confusing, can anyone give me some suggestions? also I am having problems resetting my radio, I had to put in a new battery and my radio is in safe mode, I have the radio code but I dont know how to enter it, thanks.
Cisco
New Audi enthusiast

Old 01-28-2008, 04:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: 92 100 trunk and radio problem

As for the trunk... this era Audi the trunk can be confusing. It is possible there is a problem with the mechanism to open the trunk, but most likely its just got you confused.

Basically the trunk can be locked with the key so that it won't open when you push the button (which is the same as the key housing). Also it can be in "unlock" mode but if the car is locked the trunk is locked and pushing the button it will not open. Also, I think its possible to lock the entire car by locking the trunk. My point is that it can become very confusing trying to get the trunk open.

Do this. Make sure the car is unlocked and then verify the trunk is unlocked. I believe the trunk is unlocked when the key is in the horizontal position. I think vertical is locked. Then just push the button and the trunk should unlatch.

I leave my trunk unlocked and just rely on the cars locking system to keep it locked when I'm away from the car. I would only lock the trunk if I had something valuable in it and was letting a valet park it.

As for the radio code, if you do a search on the site I think you'll find instructions on how to enter it. I'll post it here if I happen across it.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Default RE: 92 100 trunk and radio problem

thanks for your response, I will give it a try when I get out of work, I think your right, because when I turn the key, I hear the alarm go off, and I think I am locking it, so I will try again, thanks.
cisco