Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

Thinking of purchasing an allroad.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Default Thinking of purchasing an allroad.

Hello all,

I am in the process of buying a new car and just saw the audi allroads today and had a few questions for all that own or have owned one of these. I was set on the VW passat and then saw this car for the first time today and have to say this is my new favorite. I do alot of outdoor activities and need room to hold my gear which both cars have, but the allroad has an adjustable suspension which would be perfect for getting to those hard to reach crags. Anyways back to the questions. First off how does the cost of service/repair compare to that of the passat? Cheaper, about the same or more expensive? Second, I have seen talk about an extend warranty from audi and wanted to know which cars that can be purchased for and how much. Has anyone owned one of these past 100k miles? And if so how has it compared to other cars you have owned as far as service goes? Also is there anything i should keep an eye out for when purchasing one? Any year seem to be better than others? Since 01 was the first year, did they have more problems with those than later years?

Sorry for all the service/repair questions, just dont want to get a car that I have to drive to KC or Tulsa to get work done every fews months.

Thank you in advance to anyone that replies. I loved the passat but this just passed it by.

Jay Williams

Old 12-19-2006, 09:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Thinking of purchasing an allroad.

jayw,

The Allroad is a much nicer and better equiped vehicle than a Passat. BUT, its more complex. Unless you have a REAL service dept. with REAL mechanics (not parts replacers) to back you up, forget it. I have two friends with '06 Passats. One has a diesel, the other is gas with AWD. They love their cars, I love mine. They drive the heck out of their cars, I say "heck" when my Alload is at the "service" dept. with problems too mysterious to be solved. Good luck. jpjdds

Old 12-23-2006, 01:20 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Thinking of purchasing an allroad.

i have a 02 allroad. i have heard the 02's are more reliable and less problems with the air ride.
i love mine and no problems yet. i bought it 6 months ago from a dodge dealership, and bought a extended warrenty and as long as you properly maintain it, you should be fine. The air suspension is awesome. took mine through some trails already! does real well. I would recommend a six speed if you can get. you wont regret it!