Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Buying a A3 2.0T need some quick knowlwedge

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Default Buying a A3 2.0T need some quick knowlwedge

Hi, Hallo

I am new here, so quickly. I am a car enthusiast I have a 250 HP Mazdaspeed Protege (8K in mods).
I am about to sell and get the A3 because my wife is getting the A4 Avant and I figured we will buy both at the same time and I want a quality car. By The way i am getting the completely loaded S-Line A3 ( suspension, leather, kit, nav, etc) for 30K, does that sound right?

Now for my Question.
it says T for Turbo but i have yet to see the snail. Is this a normal turbo and what series(t-25rs, t-24, etc). also I have a greddy EBC and would love to plug that bad boy in for a little extra Umph. Can I? if so what is the max PSI or bar that has been done on a stock engine... for starters.

How the breathing on the A3. Would a CAI help that much?

Also , hows the Bose system? I had a 350Z with Bose and it Blew!!!

Are there any TSB out that i should be concerned with or any major issues. When i got my 350Z i traded it back in 6 months later because ther had a screwey suspension and it was eatigng tires every 4 months and they wouldn't fix it. Things like that!

My Wife is also Swiss and we plan to move to switzerland eventually, for a couple years. So I want to keep the car as "bolt on" as possible for a easy transition through customs later down the road!

Thanks for any input, merci viel mal, danke schoen

Vincenzo

Old 08-22-2006, 04:23 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Buying a A3 2.0T need some quick knowlwedge

Welcome!!!!!!

congrats on your A3

as for your A3 2.0T, the turbo is pretty hard to find looking from the top of the hood, it's easier to see from the bottom

you can get 250+ horses and 300+ ft/lb torque EASY with an A3 with a chip and exhaust, someone has a CAI on this A3 forum and the car was dyno'd and it picked up an extra 15 horses

A3Night has pushed 20 or 19 psi's before, he'll post his comments soon.

the sport suspenstion is pretty good, adding a RSB will definately help, the ones us A3's got were the neuspeeds, i got the 25mm and it kicks ***

30g's for the loaded S-line......... sounds like a good deal to me!!!!!

as for the other help you need, the other guys know more about it than i do.