Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Noise inside the car

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 01:12 AM
1st Gear
Default Noise inside the car

Anyone get any annoying noises from the opensky or somewhere in their cars?I get some clunking noises and some other **** from the open sky and other places inside the car... (not the engine or anything like that).
It's frustrating, because if 'm not listening to music, I'm getting annoyed by that noise.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Default RE: Noise inside the car

A common problem is the rear trunk lid will bounce and make noise. Many have used rubber or foam grommets under the lid to keep the noise down. Also, my open sky will make noise occasionally when open if I hit a bump. The dealer is of no use in fixing that problem and tells me that it is normal. The glass piece is 35lbs and supported by 4 bolts essentially. Otherwise, my car is basically rattle free, although it is "loud" with all of my mods.

Cheers!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:42 AM
1st Gear

Yep, I agree with the dealer being useless in trying to adjust the open-sky so the rattling stops.

When I brought it in for the 5K service I mentioned the open-sky rattling, most of the time the rattling would be when it was open. The said they adjusted it and applied some grease. It didnt rattle for a couple weeks, but then it started rattling again. Now im at 16,000 miles and it rattles even when the open-sky is shut. It happens mostly on bumpy roads, so I just tune it out now.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:54 AM
1st Gear

I've had the window and door sills make noises, and I now keep conditioner on the seals. The seatback locking mechanisms have rattled loudly on occasion, but I've been able to fix with a wad of Vaseline. When Open Sky started to rattle, I got this idea somewhere on Fourtitude forums to open it and give the back edge of the panel a couple of firm nudges with the palm of my hand....not sure if that fixed it or it went away on its own, but it's gone.

The only unresolved noise now is a small but irritating buzz coming from either the passenger doors or b-piller when I drive over rough roads. I figure it too will go away on its own...or if not, it's got another 1-2 months to get worse before I take it in for scheduled service.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:31 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: drumdork03

The only unresolved noise now is a small but irritating buzz coming from either the passenger doors or b-piller when I drive over rough roads. I figure it too will go away on its own...or if not, it's got another 1-2 months to get worse before I take it in for scheduled service.
Ugh, I've got that too! My passenger side front door panel started doing it within like 3k miles and I asked them to tighten it down during the first service. It went away, but almost immediately afterwards the driver side rear door panel started!

Old 11-21-2007, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

Hmm...let me know if you find the source? It only pops up when driving the nasty roads of my subdivision, so i have only 1/4 mile twice a day on the average to locate it. Glad it doesn't happen anywhere else, but it gets to me having to make sure the radio's on when I pull out of my driveway for the sake of my sanity.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:23 AM
2nd Gear

I'm pretty sure my issue is caused by the radio. Certain frequencies seem to make the panel buzz. I have started to recognize the particular songs that make it buzz everytime!

Old 11-23-2007, 11:17 AM
1st Gear

I've still got the fuel line tapping noise from the right front (only happens when it's cold - so it's back for the winter). Dealer says my VIN doesn't require the factory update- so the DIY fix is on my list.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

I had a humming noise coming from my open sky and when I had my 5k mile check-up. I told them about it and they fixed it and I havent heard the noise since