Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY weekend projects

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
1st Gear
Default DIY weekend projects

So my newrims should be at my door at the end of this week. I honestly cant wait to get those ugly stock 15s off of my car. I have a few projects planned for the weekend andalso some questions about various parts of them. I plan on painting the brake calipers, putting a K&N filter in, oil change,painting my lowers, and buffing my car. All that being said and the fact I dont have an owners manual..

5w-40 Mobil a good oil grade? How many quarts?

Im thinking of doing the duplicolor diy project on the lowers, but has anyone done it in brilliant black? How did it turn out?

What is the best brake caliper paint to use?

Im definitely going to post pictures after everything is done, I cant wait.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: DIY weekend projects

u don't need a owner's manual for any of those projects. u'll barely be doing any wrenching. for the brake caliper, i would use engine paint. it can stand heat and last a long time. as for painting lowers, i couldn't tell ya.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:23 PM
1st Gear

Here is an example of a caliper paint kit for sale on-line which offers all colors. I've seen kits like it for less at local auto parts store. Hiwords is right about the engine paint too. This is something that I plan on doing after soon myself.. It seems that your better off using the brush on so there is notover-spray. There is a recent writeup on here that has some pics. Black car/rims with RED calipers. It looks nice. http://shopping.msn.com/results/car-...arage+Brand:G2

As far as painting your lowers, I think you would need to have that professionally done due to paint matching/type andapplication tools (paint gun). I'm sure you could do it though with mathcing paint (with the bendable bumper additive), a good spray gun, proper prep-work and a clean environment. Depending on the color (I.e. pearl, red), the paint alone could bepricey. If you do it, post some pics!
Good luck!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I know the other stuff doesnt really call for use of the manual. But I figured as soon as I said, "What/ how much oil?" someone would say, "Check your manual." Thanks for the help though.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

wow dude a looks like a busy weekend, i bet painting the lovers is gonna be pain in the a** good luck