Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Radio & My HID Kit...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:39 AM
Administrator
Default RE: My Radio & My HID Kit...

If all of you who have this problem are using the Vision HID kit, then it's apparently something associated with that. Maybe the ballasts are radiating in some way at a frequency that is interfering with your antenna. Try the relay and/or suppressor and see which one fixes the problem - the relay method in particular would be inexpensive and not too difficult to do. As for the suppressor, I don't know cost/difficulty involved, so I can't comment on that.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: AudiA4Driver98

I have that problem as well and it's really annoying!! Once I turn on my HIDs the radio goes to crap on most channels. Also, for some reason when I go south of my house on the highway the reception gets a lot better, which only frustrates me more because it leaves me with more questions! [:@]
Did you bother with the relay harness AudiA4Driver98?

UpstateNYA4;The suppressor i was talking about is also known as a noise filter that splice's in to the +wire at the back of the radio,very inexpensive.
Will try the relay harness to see if it makes a difference with the radio which doesnt bother me too much as its the brakes warning i could do without.I dont need to be driving and switch on my lights and bang goes my abs only to be left with generic brakes until the next time i restart the car[:@]

Old 12-30-2007, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

I am going through HID light hell here

Spent another hour relocating my ballasts and velcroing them deep on then fender wall furdest away from any other wireing loom as i could.
It didnt help the static on the radio nor did it help the brakes fault its generating every time i switch on my lights.Also today one of the ballasts failed and i only realised this because of the bulb out warning.
I didnt have time to wire the relay harness today but i plan on doing it tomorrow.

If that fails to help then this kit just doesnt suit my car and i'll be getting in touch with vision.

Will update you all,fingers crossed[sm=smiley26.gif]

Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 AM
1st Gear

Wired in the relay harness today and still have the static on the radio and also still have the brakes fault on the dash display[].

Really annoyed that this kit just doesnt seem to be compatable to my car as I love the light emmited from the HIDS[&o][&o][&o].

Unsure if vision will have any answers or possible solutions to the faults.

Does anyone recommend another HIDkit to go for from a different supplier?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

You'll get alot of people reccommending VVME. for the proce you can't go wrong. There have been no complaints of "noise" from the VVME kits. I purchased 2 kits to get a working set, but my story is the rare case. most people love the kits and have no problems.

Does the vision kit consist of a ballast and a seperate ignitor, or is it a 1 piece box with ignitor and ballast in one case? The only "noisy" HID kits I've ever seen were on my Titan, and the kit had a seperate Ignitor for the bulbs. I never had issues but I ran it with a relay on each headlight. others complained of hearing a high pitched hum while listening to certain radio channels with their lights on.

BEST OF LUCK! once you've had hids, even problematic ones, it's tough to go hback to halogen.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

The vision kit s an all in one ignitor and ballast.

sent vision an email to informing them of the problems and asking if they knew some workaround to help me....
They responded:
This definitely sounds like a conflict with the ECU. It may require an ECU flash from the dealer.

My A4 was only serviced in december which included an ecu update so thats no help!
Asked for a refund but guess what....no response yet

Will keep you all informed

Old 01-03-2008, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: benmeade

sent vision an email to informing them of the problems and asking if they knew some workaround to help me....
They responded:
This definitely sounds like a conflict with the ECU. It may require an ECU flash from the dealer.

My A4 was only serviced in december which included an ecu update so thats no help!

good luck .. btw do you have a picture of theballast ..the VVME ballast are huge ..note if you doorder from VVME you might anticipate a long delay in receiving the kitand don't expect to receive any customer service .. Company is located in China ..

Old 01-03-2008, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: kaptom540

ORIGINAL: benmeade

They responded:

good luck .. btw do you have a picture of theballast ..the VVME ballast are huge ..note if you doorder from VVME you might anticipate a long delay in receiving the kitand don't expect to receive any customer service .. Company is located in China ..

Vision kit also comes direct from asia thats why you cant have other xenon bulbs delivered in the same package.
I had the kit from vision before they sent me the tracking number.
Looks like these guys are only the middile men.
Dont have a photo but if as big as the rest of them.