Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting trouble, Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 03:25 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Starting trouble, Please help

How did you figure that out? And what exactly does that do?

Josh

Old 04-26-2007, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

That was a few years ago and the car was brought to the dealer so I had nothing to do with the diagnosis or repairs. I remember though that everytime I wanted to fill up, the nozzle would click off, I'd have to pull it out to let some pressure escape and then put a little more gas in. It would take forever to fill up. Sorry, I can't help you with the diagnosis, I can only tell you what the dealership told me.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

i can understand if it wont start coz u got bad fuel filter (it’s not hard to change it), Howard Mawditt mentioned his car puffs smoke on start up, sound’s like he gets fuel in (accelerating = maybe even too much fuel) but it wont burn right… bad injectors = should be at least some kind of code, wrong spark plugs?, already been mentioned about dirty air filter, realigning throttle body.

start from something easy like throttle body alignment, check air filter, make sure u got right spark plugs.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Your car might be running rich and/or flooding... that would cause the hard starts (esp. with a hot engine) and the "puff of smoke" you're seeing. Maybe you have a leaky injector, or a plugged up PCV, or something like that. Have you scanned for codes?

Next time it happens try just putting the gas pedal to the floor and crank it, this tells the ECU to cut off fuel to clear the flood. It should get you going faster.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:27 AM
1st Gear

Hi guys, some quality ideas bouncing around. My car is not effected by amount of fuel in tank.(Josh) It was mentioned that the pcv could be clogged, could someone describe where this part is located and how to clean or change. Also could someone tell me how to realign throttle body. I am going to carry out some of this work over the weekend and check again for codes. Cheers for all of your good input guys.