Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 A6 2.7T code P1367

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 12:35 AM
1st Gear
Exclamation 2000 A6 2.7T code P1367

Hello all, I am a new Audi owner, and ran into this problem the other day. I appreciate any help or guidance any of you out there may have. I purchased the car on Friday, ran great all day Friday and most of Saturday. I was at a red light Saturday afternoon, switched on the "auto" air, and all of a sudden the car began to idle quite roughly. Light turned green, proceeded to accelerate, and then the MIL light began flashing (three or four times), then went steady. I stopped by my local O'Reilly to use their OBD-II reader, and pulled the following codes:
P1367 and P0305 - both are indicative of a cylinder miss-fire, with the P1367 calling out ignition coil cylinder 5 circuit open.

I pulled the coil pack for cylinder 5, and noticed immediately that there was a "bit" of oil in the cylinder with the spark plug, and some oil on the boot for the coil. I cleaned out the oil, changed the spark plug, and parked it for the night.

Today, I went to drop my son off at school, and the car started just fine, yet, while driving up the street (at about 15-20 mph) the MIL light began flashing (three or four times) and the car once again began following the above mentioned pattern of rough idling. So, today, I went out and picked up a new coil pack, installed it, and am still getting the same symptoms.

My brother-in-law has my OBD-II reader, so, tomorrow I am planning on running back down to O'Reilly to use their reader, and will post here if there is a new code.

If anyone can give this new Audi DIY'er some advice or guidance as to where or what to look at next, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:47 AM
1st Gear

So, managed to get my OBD-II reader this evening. Went out, erased the previously mentioned codes, and took her for a spin around the block. At about 3000 RPM's and the MIL light blinked three or four times, then went out and is not currently lit. The car the whole time was running pretty rough. So, checked the codes again, and was given the following information.......

Codes:
P1367 - Ignition Coil/Amplifier Cylinder 5 Circut Open
P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected

Freeze Frame data: Fuel System1-CL; Fuel System2-CL; Calc Load-30.5%; ECT 179 degrees Feringhieght; STFT B1-0.7%; Lift B1-0%; STFT B2-14%; Lift B2-0%, Engine RPM-3040; Vehicle Speed-27 mph

Once I got the above information, I went ahead and started her up, and again the MIL light is not currently lit. The car is idling quite rough, and when driving runs rough. Turned the car off again, then cleared the codes once again.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Sponsor

It could be that you have either a bad boot connector, coil pack or an ICM.

To test if you have a bad boot connector pull the rubber boot off the cylinder 5 coil pack ( its the part that goes in the plug well and connects to the spark plug) Swap this with another coils boot connecter. Clear the codes and then go for a quick drive. If the CEL comes back on read the code. If the misfire moves to the cylinder that was once not missing then you know you have a bad boot connector. If it stays on cylinder 5 you know the coil is bad.

I hope this helps!

Jason