Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 A6 won't start...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:04 PM
1st Gear
Default 2008 A6 won't start...

Hello all. Hope you can help me with an issue I'm having with my 2008 A6 3.2L. The car won't start since yesterday, originally thought it was the battery because it wound crank, turn on for one second and then die...all the while the lights would dim with each rev. Replaced the battery and still no change, had to work so left it in the garage overnight for the weekend to figure it out. Tried it this morning and same thing going on, battery light on dash says "battery low will recharge while driving". Don't understand. On reading through the treads it seems it may be spark plugs, coils have been recently replaced, I may also clean my MAF, but the battery thing baffles me. The whole story started a while back when my diver side rear light would intermittently go out. Cleaned it and worked for a while now out again. I'm wondering if it's a fuse or something...would that knock out the battery? I'm trying to avoid a large service bill and get this guy going on my own. Recently had an oil change and the guy messed with the light...didn't ask him to but he thought he was doing me a favor. The car had been running well with a few power issues, I think the oil change guys are a little sloppy, and the MAF is dirty? Anyway. I'm hoping to fix my car without too much cash, elbow grease, and brain power wasted. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 03-07-2014, 07:48 AM
RMD
1st Gear

Your rear tailight problem is probably caused by a fault in the convienience bus unit located in the right rear compartment in the boot(trunk). I have the same problem and have traced it back to the unit. There is no power coming from the unit to the light cluster.

The low battery is unlikely to be related to the spark plugs or coils. It is more likely to be a failing battery, Alternator or power management unit located near the battery

Old 03-07-2014, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Brizzel
H I may also clean my MAF, I think the oil change guys are a little sloppy, and the MAF is dirty?
Thanks,
Brian
The 3.2 does not have a MAF so you can rule that out as a cause of your problem.