ABS light on and Brake light blinking - Page 3 - AudiForums.com

Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
 ABS light on and Brake light blinking >

ABS light on and Brake light blinking

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

ABS light on and Brake light blinking

Old 10-16-2007, 04:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: ABS light on and Brake light blinking

my problem is that only the red brake light on dash is flashing(and beeping). it only happens when i turn my steering wheel to the right, never left. it happens more when it is cold outside. it also doesn't happen every time the wheel is turned, it comes and goes. any ideas?

Old 10-23-2007, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

mpw2.7T has the answer. Based on thatpost last week I pulled my ABS module and sent it to Module Master, Gavin Curtis, and had it back in a week. It cost me $257.00 including module repair and postage both ways and about 3 hours of my time. Personally, I followed Gavin's instructions and dropped the windshield washer tank rather than "bending the pump up" to get access to the 6 torx screws. I installed the repaired module last night, the ABS system is operating perfectlyand I saved about $1000.00.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:22 PM
1st Gear

I am having the same problem of the ABS yellow light and the red flashing light. The guy who sold me the car said that he had just changed the rear rotors at a non audi garage. The garage did not disconnect the battery to do this and thats why he thinks its flashing. Is this true? Sometimes when it is cold in the morning it would not flash and the computer does its diagonistics and would flash the OK sign. But when it gets warmer the lights come on. Any advice as I do not want to remove the ABS module if there is nothing wrong with it.
I had it checked at a non Audi garage but their code reader could not tell them if there was anything wrong with it.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: magicfan

I am having the same problem of the ABS yellow light and the red flashing light. The guy who sold me the car said that he had just changed the rear rotors at a non audi garage. The garage did not disconnect the battery to do this and thats why he thinks its flashing. Is this true? Sometimes when it is cold in the morning it would not flash and the computer does its diagonistics and would flash the OK sign. But when it gets warmer the lights come on. Any advice as I do not want to remove the ABS module if there is nothing wrong with it.
I had it checked at a non Audi garage but their code reader could not tell them if there was anything wrong with it.

No you got sold, thats what happened, its almost always the module. If you diagnose the ABS module and there is either no faults in it or you can't communicate with it, then thats the problem.
ABS lights don't flash and give no fault codes, there is something wrong with the module.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
1st Gear

If i take the abs module off, can i still drive the car while its sent to get fixed?

Old 04-29-2008, 01:20 AM

Yes you can, you just have to make sure to cover the conectors in the ABS pump so they don't get dirtyand you should be fine.

Old 09-11-2017, 02:21 PM
1st Gear
Default ABS (Amber light) solid and no other warnings

I wanted to add to this thread as it did not seem to address the issue when the ABS indication is solid 'ON' and no other brake warning lights illuminated. From reading the threads, there appeared to be consensus of the ABS module being faulty when the ABS warning light on the dash is solid and the brake warning is blinking. I had recently replaced the front right CV boots and complete front end suspension job (upper and lower control arms). After this was done, I experienced a solid ABS (on always). I planned to have mhy local shop realign the front end so I asked them to look into this issue.
They told me the sending unit from the front right ABS sensor was faulty (not sending). I figured I must have damaged it in the reinstall of the CV joint and told them not to bother charging me $200 for a new one plus installation since I could fix it with a $45 replacement from FCP Euro. They must have reset the codes because the ABS warning was no longer showing when I picked up the car. Perhaps the warning popped up as I had the key on a few times during my suspension job (to turn the wheel right or left) and it probably noted the CV was missing (leading to the warning?). Either way, I don't need to repair....unless is comes back on again...and appears unrelated to the ABS Module.