Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 Violently Shaking

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:04 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 Violently Shaking

My 2002 A6 3.0L Auto trans has been violently shaking while accelerating and while braking between 0-50km. Kind of like the shaking when your about to stall a standard. I've been shifting my car into Neutral while coming to a stop and it gets rid of the shaking. The car only seems to shake while in drive but is fine at idle. It only shakes when I accelerate/brake. I've just replaced both my CV axles thinking that it would eliminate the shaking but it didn't do anything.

The car doesn't shake while braking in neutral so I'm eliminating the possibility of worn tires/warped rotors.

After scanning my car it showed the P0300 code (Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected) Apparently all of my cylinders are misfiring so could that also be my problem? Changed out my spark plugs but haven't done my coil packs yet. When changing my spark plugs I noticed oil all over 2 of my plugs meaning I need to change my valve cover gasket.

I'm thinking of maybe replacing my N80 Valve and PCV Valve. Think that may resolve my issue?

I also read that most automatics are computer controlled and a low voltage may screw with the solenoids and controls that shift the tranny. Could this be a battery problem? Attached is my VAG COM log. Please help!

Attached Files
Old 11-24-2013, 07:51 AM
1st Gear

Check engine and transmission mounts. A faulty torque converter can also give you a violent jerking.

The misfire is due to failed rocker cover gaskets. Oil slips out through seals and into the sparkplug cavities then finds its way through the thread on the spark plug. Dont go out on a tangent changing coil packs... eliminate one problem at a time. If you must replace sparkplug leads, make sure you use genuine audi leads. Aftermarket leads will give you all sorts of trouble.

Your cars transmission is definetly computer controlled. Common fault that can affect the computer is a leaking heater hose. The c9mputer is under the front right handside seat left hand drive - passengers front seat or drvers seat if your car is righthand drive.

Unless you get a bad reading with codes relating to s9lenoids in your transmission leave it well alone. I do however recommend you service the Transmission by replacing the fluid if you have never done it. Best to take it to a transmission place. Not expensive to do. If you feel c9nfident doing it yourself check out blauparts.com

Good luck

Old 11-24-2013, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by OscarA6C5quattro
Check engine and transmission mounts. A faulty torque converter can also give you a violent jerking.

The misfire is due to failed rocker cover gaskets. Oil slips out through seals and into the sparkplug cavities then finds its way through the thread on the spark plug. Dont go out on a tangent changing coil packs... eliminate one problem at a time. If you must replace sparkplug leads, make sure you use genuine audi leads. Aftermarket leads will give you all sorts of trouble.

Your cars transmission is definetly computer controlled. Common fault that can affect the computer is a leaking heater hose. The c9mputer is under the front right handside seat left hand drive - passengers front seat or drvers seat if your car is righthand drive.

Unless you get a bad reading with codes relating to s9lenoids in your transmission leave it well alone. I do however recommend you service the Transmission by replacing the fluid if you have never done it. Best to take it to a transmission place. Not expensive to do. If you feel c9nfident doing it yourself check out blauparts.com

Good luck
Ill make sure to give my engine and transmission mounts a check. I'll also take a look at the computer under my passenger seat as described. I have already done a TCM (Transmission Control Module) repair on my car myself so the trans fluid has been changed recently.

I used my VAG COM today on my car today and figured out that my car isn't misfiring at all... Under measurments I checked all 6 of my cylinder banks for misfires and I did not have 1 misfire. I'm thinking that the vibrations are causing my car to throw up misfire codes.

I also noticed that there is a slight clicking sound when my car is moving and the clicking speeds up when my car does. Not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but I thought that It could help.