Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake warning light and beep

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM
1st Gear

i have an 05 a6 and I have the brake light warning light that comes on a few seconds after the abs and traction warrning light comes. not all the time very bothersom any ideas

Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

I replaced the tail lamps on my 03 A4 and the warning light comes on every time saying the rear light is out. I know that the lamps are good - they worked for about two days when I replaced them. Is this the sensor? I'm new to the Audi and the forum...
This is driving me crazy. Could someone steer me in the right direction?

Old 12-07-2013, 05:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Break job done, now I have issues?

So I changed my front and back break pads and rotors with premium stuff. Now I have two problems:

1. I have a yellow break warning light that stays on. Does not flash or make a beeping noise. My fluid levels are fine and my connections look fine. I did not change the fluid at all while changing the breaks.

2. The breaks feel really light. I can push the pedal past the gas pedal with little effort. I pump the breaks many times and this does not help, still feels very light. No leaks, and my calipers appear to be in good shape.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:14 AM
1st Gear

pls l have Audi A4 with oil pressure pump low indicator, what seems to
be the problem?

Old 01-10-2015, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dmayer75
only the red warning light comes on.
My red warming is on along with the yellow abs light, , it's currently 10 degrees and I also had my brakes changed and they are fine, ,, what does this mean?

Old 04-14-2015, 06:42 PM
1st Gear
Default 1998 audi A6 Q brake warning light ~ Amber/yellow

Auditech please help.
This started when I got worn brake pad and I had to change both front and rear pads and the amber brake warning light have not gone off ever since.
See, it comes on with a beep as soon as I put the car into a gear and stays on for the whole drive. An autorepair shop guy advised that I check if the brake sensor connector wire coming from the car is corroded, I did and was true, so I scrapped off the corroded wire and joined the clean strip but the light still on.... But I found out that my brake front brake pads wears unevenly, the right is almost gone while the left is almost as thick as new.
Could this be the culprit that illuminates the amber brake warning light? ...Someone pls lecture me

Old 05-20-2016, 08:14 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by inva
Hello colleagues,

I found this site very interesting as I possess Audi A6 2004 which has a problem with a warning that started to show about 2 weeks ago. In the display it shows Centre Brake Light, and then it disappears and a yellow sign saying in German Brems Licht continues to be shown on the small display of the car. As i read in the internet from the similar cases of other people, I added some brake fluid but the warning is there, it didn't disappear.
Could you please somebody tell me what to do in order to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance for your kind support and cooperation.
One of ur brake lights is out or losing contact.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Brake lights

Originally Posted by auditech79
Is it just the red brake light that illuminates, or does theyellow ABS light come on at the same time?
There is a majordifference between the two so find out.

I've got same problem. Flashing brake lights red with steady amber ABS light on audi A6. Everything checked n looking great. Handbrake sorted, brake pads done, topped oil. But lights still on. Any help pls

Old 07-02-2017, 07:23 PM
1st Gear

did you buy cheap parts because if the oarts are not good quality then that would happen
Originally Posted by jim.a.jarvis
So I changed my front and back break pads and rotors with premium stuff. Now I have two problems:

1. I have a yellow break warning light that stays on. Does not flash or make a beeping noise. My fluid levels are fine and my connections look fine. I did not change the fluid at all while changing the breaks.

2. The breaks feel really light. I can push the pedal past the gas pedal with little effort. I pump the breaks many times and this does not help, still feels very light. No leaks, and my calipers appear to be in good shape.

Any and all advice is appreciated.