Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't find my IAT Sensor, please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Can't find my IAT Sensor, please help!!!

I know that there have been posts in the past for where the IAT Sensor is located. However, I can't seem to find those posts. I have an '02 A6 4.2 V8. I'm having a really difficult time locating the IAT Sensor in this car. I have purchased a performance resistor to upgrade the IAT Sensor. Can anyone give me advice if this is a good upgrade? I have read yes and no, but have never had anyone explain what the pros & cons are here. Please somebody advise.

Thanks.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
3rd Gear

IAT sensor is located within the intake run between the flexible tube and the throttle body. Anyways, I recommend that you DO NOT use that ebay resistor on your car. Messes up your mileage and can mess up your emission system.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 AM

Tampering with the emissions system is a federal offense. Any modification which has not been tested to EPA or CARB standards would be considered tampering in the USA. Hence, an ebay resistor is not an upgrade, if it results in certain problems. In fact, last year a man in Florida tried to upgrade his Audi and for a long while couldn't even get his car to start. A resistor may retail for 5 cents, however if it is put inside a fancy "high performance box" it may retail for $30 plus shipping on ebay. You should complain to Ebay! How do you expect an ordinary resistor to give you 40 more HP? Is the claim too good to be true?