Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car revs up and down and its own, eventually dies

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 06:40 PM
1st Gear

Ok, so I am having a hell of a time with this car. I had my MAF Sensor and Camshaft Sensor both replaced and it seemed to fix the problem. After about 180 miles since the replacements the car broke down again today. It was the exact same issue as before. It appears to be the exact same issue as before. I had it towed to the mechanic.

Is it possible the MAF sensor they put in was defective? Or could it be some other underlying issue causing the sensors to fail? This car is driving me crazy and I just hope it isn't something serious.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:16 AM
1st Gear

If you've had the issues that caused the MILF codes addressed and cleared and you've also diagnosed or resolved why the "battery" and "ESP" warning indicators were on, I would think defintely a vaccum leak or a boost leak if you have a 2.7T. You should also check the throttle body boot aka TBB to ensure that its not torn. It can be easily overlooked because the boot is hard to see and may be torn on the underside. If this boot is torn, it allows air into the intake sysem that is not meased by the MAF and will causing stalling and/or an erratic idle.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:05 PM
1st Gear

Spary carb cleaner around your intake connections and your VAC lines. I Found my Vac line going from the back side of the intake to the brake booster had disconnected itself. Also, I did not catch what engine you are working with. If it is the turbo, check your bypass valves. I found that my ESP nlight and another ( dont remember which one) would come on when i disconnected the MAF. Good luck