Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL, starting to pi$$ me off really bad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 12:37 AM
1st Gear
Default CEL, starting to pi$$ me off really bad!!!

As you can see from my posting history, I have a problem with my CEL. It's the dreaded P-1128 code. When it first came up, I took the car to the Audi service and they said it was the BPV's ( they need to be replaced, but that's not the point).

2 BPV's and $450 later, on my way home from service, the light came back on. I thought it was the MAF. I cleaned the MAF sensor but it's back. Audi declines to replace the MAF free of charge (the MAF warranty has been extended to 7yrs/70000 miles)

It comes on once a week (6-7 Fidays an a row!!!) and it goes out after the engine is turned over 3-4 times. There have to be few hours long pauses between driving for the CEL to go off. When it's on there are no changes in the way the car drives (I kind of feel that the car actually drives better!) I spent a lot of time inspecting for air leaks and couldn't find anything. I talked to some people and they say that if it was indeed the a vacuum hose leak, the CEL would never go off, they say that it would be constantly on and that makes sense to me. I'm ruling out the air leak but don't know what to look for. I'll try cleaning the MAF again. It's been done recently but I'll be picking up a new air and a fuel filter this weekend. I'm going crazy about this!

This is going to sound silly and shallow, but if the CEL was coming on during the week I would be less upset. As Audi drivers, you can imagine what kind of comments would be made if others would see the CEL. People seem to be happy when Audi's and their owners are having problems.
Any suggestions? Anything?