Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few upgrades im thinking about and could use some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:22 PM
1st Gear
Smile A few upgrades im thinking about and could use some help

Hi Folks
Ive been reading a LOT on this forum, being the owner of a forum my self I can appreciate the value of a good forum like this!

I just bought a 2001 Audi A6 2.8l. Overall its in excellent condition, 1 owner, meticulous maintenance record via carfax, all work done at an Audi dealer, right down to the wiper blades being replaced! If you get my drift, the previous owner did NOTHING himself and had EVERYTHING done at an Audi dealer.

Just this week before I bought the car, the dealer did the water pump and timing belt, the car has 119000 on it and this was on reported in the CarFax so im thrilled they did it. Here she is

OK so my questions are......

Id like to trick out the rotors and calipers, Not overly crazy, im thinking id paid the calipers and buy new rotors. Whats a good middle of the road caliper to buy? They seem to range in price quite a bit.

Second, I am considering putting new rims and tires on. I would be ok dropping 1k on a set of 4. What are some good options? Im not in to making this look like a pimp ride, but more of a slightly tricked out family mans car :-)

Third, is there a good place to buy used interior parts. Arm rests, door arm rests, etc?

Forth, how can I tell if I have the HID lighting system? IF I dont, what are the brightest and bluest lights for my car?

Last, is there any thing I can to to increase the hp with a chip? If so, who and where :0)

Thanks SO much for any help that any one offers!

By the way, my forum is for guitarmakers, my other passion.
www.luthiersforum.com your are welcome to take a look if you like.

Best
Lance Kragenbrink
www.Kragenbrinkguitars.com

Old 03-27-2010, 06:07 AM
1st Gear

Well, congrats on the car. It does look very nice and clean. I wish my car looked as clean. I'm just a little ahead on 140ish k miles.

For second hand, and if you are not in a hurry, I've found eBay to be pretty good. You get some nice opportunities from time to time.

Then there are professional breakers like www.shokan.com