Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote programing w/ vcds lite help

Old 01-18-2016, 06:29 PM
1st Gear
Default remote programing w/ vcds lite help

I have a 2004 A6 with one good key and remote. I purcased 2 new ebay remotes of the same part number. While trying to program the new remotes, I sucessfully un-programmed all remotes and now have none that work. I have a fully registered vcds lite and can get to qll of the modules but I cannot get anything to work. I know I cannot program keys and that is not my goal, I just want to be able to unlock the vehicle. This is the procedure I am following. Once I select the position of the remote and press a button on the remote nothing happens. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Audi A6 (4B) Central Locking

Contents [hide]
1 Coding
2 Adaptation
2.1 Channel 021: Remote Control Matching
2.2 Special Notes
Coding

VCDS will display a coding chart a pop-up balloon while connected to the vehicle.
Add the sum of the options to configure the correct coding.

Adaptation

Channel 021: Remote Control Matching
[Select]
[35 - Centr. Locks]
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel 021.
[Read]
Choose the memory position you want the new key be matched on by entering it's number (e.g. "3" for memory position 3). Make sure to TYPE IN the number instead of scrolling up to it, otherwise you will not be able to click [Test].
[Test]
Now press any button on the remote you want to match.
The meas. block field above will change from Not Recogn. to Recognized.
[Save]

[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
Note: You can check the current memory positions using Meas. Block 007.

Special Notes
The 4B platform comfort system module has assigned positions, like parking spots 1, 2, 3 and 4, for each remote. This is critical when matching new remotes.

If you are having problems with the Remote Control Matching, please pay special attention to the instructions above:
Make sure to TYPE IN the number instead of scrolling up to it, otherwise you will not be able to click [Test].
If Adaptation Channel 21 is not available the control module does NOT support matching remotes with VCDS (or any scan tool). In those cases the remote matching procedure as per the Repair Manual and/or vehicle Owner's Manual will need to be completed.
In those cases, Measuring Block group 007 can still be used to verify the positions.