Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing BROKEN STUD

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:08 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by a6hcw
Does your cruise control work? Photo speed inforcement is being introduced in some parts of the country. On one trip a year ago there were only 12 speed traps on the way home from NY, with 11 in Ohio. In the future they could replace those with a photo machine every mile and get even more revenue.
I went through all of the tests per the Bentley CD and finally got it to work on my 1998 A6 Quattro wagon by buying a good used module from a local salvage yard. I had already cleaned the speed control switch on the turn signal and replaced the brake switch and vacuum vent switch.
Those green peppers look very tasty, almost like the kind my wife cooks.
Are you talking about the infamous "Ohio Turnpike" or statewide on a different route? When we went to Niagara Falls some years back I have never seen as many cop cars as on that road.
Anyway, my cruise control works. I like speed and I fancy myself as a pretty good driver (born and bred on European 2-lane only roads; stick shift too) but I don't speed anymore.
What good serves to have "nice" 4-6 lane freeways (most of them not extremely cluttered like I-80) when you're limited? If you get caught speeding you pay the price. I don't want to throw away money I don't have in tickets, court fees, etc, money that don't even go toward improving traffic surfaces.
I'm mostly a 5-10-ish miler over the speed limit and usually spot the bobs from afar.
Driving here actually is such a bore: gas-brake-gas; except when you get passed by some woman who then slows down, you pass her on cruise control, then she passes you again throwing looks like you stole her purse, then slowing down again, you pass her again...
So many stupid and idiot drivers out there.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:16 AM
4th Gear

(born and bred on European 2-lane only roads;
Oh ya? Where at? Spent over 10 years in Germany myself growing up.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 PM

There are 2-lane roads in America with quite a bad reputation for fatal accidents. There are even some Amish on back roads. It must be crazy to drive a buggy with so many cars speeding by. There are also farm tractors pulling tanks of ammonia. Those back roads are not completely empty. Some farmers have bad fences, so a few of their Buffalo may get on the road and get killed by an Audi.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:42 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by a6hcw
There are 2-lane roads in America with quite a bad reputation for fatal accidents. There are even some Amish on back roads. It must be crazy to drive a buggy with so many cars speeding by. There are also farm tractors pulling tanks of ammonia. Those back roads are not completely empty. Some farmers have bad fences, so a few of their Buffalo may get on the road and get killed by an Audi.
I understand perfectly; you talk about the "rural America", just the same as there's a rural Germany. a rural Botswana, etc.
What you added just brings back the idea that are lots of stupid and idiot drivers out there.
'Tis not the Amish guy's fault if he gets plowed by a car going 75-85 on a 55mph road. It is not the fault of the farmer hauling ammonia. They have the same right to use the public roads.
And by the same token is not also the fault of the Buffalo that may get on the road if they get hit on by morons, who don't know how to pay attention to what's ahead of them when behind a wheel.

(here in Illinois I see quite a few Amish coming to "town" to do shopping by renting someone with a van to drive them. There's only one guy who still comes by buggy. I truly feel sorry for the horse's joints beating the hard asphalt for miles like that)

Old 06-19-2009, 01:44 AM
4th Gear

My ID is not random
I thought it was pronounced 'jeff', not 'chef'