Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

URGENT RESPONCE NEEDED: locking wheel nuts do I have them

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:33 PM
1st Gear
Default URGENT RESPONCE NEEDED: locking wheel nuts do I have them

Hi guys.

I need to have a new tire fitted to my car and I am not sure if it is fitted with locking wheel nuts or not. when I look at 4 of the 5 wheel nuts they seem to have plastic covers on them but one does not.

The rench in the tire kit seems to fit the one that does not have a cover on it but there is a small hexagenal whole in the styrofome holder is that were the key is ment to be?

Also how do I remove the plastic covers to change the wheel? I notice there is a hexagenal part to the tool that forms the screw driver handel.

Sorry for the questions the car came without a manual, I have one on order but it has not arrived yet.

Thanks guys
James

Old 03-11-2008, 01:48 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: URGENT RESPONCE NEEDED: locking wheel nuts do I have them

James,

I don't have them on my car but that dose not meen you don't have them on your's. First off just pull the plastic off the lugs and check you will see if you have a locking one or not and then you can go from there. Other than checking your self you are not going to know. Lastly if you do have a locking lug and you don't see it in the kit check under the spare tire as all the cars I have worked on seem to have the locking key located in the bottom of the spare tire storage not because it belongs there but it just seems to get thrown there by most people.

pull off the plastic caps that is your only way to know for sure

Old 03-11-2008, 11:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: URGENT RESPONCE NEEDED: locking wheel nuts do I have them

The tool kit should have a tool to remove the plastic covers on the bolts, it seems your's is missing. Normally all 5 bolts have the covers, one of yours is missing, you can get the small tool to remove the plastic covers from the dealer